Did 'Black Fedor' surpass the original?

Fedor's biggest comp at the time was Big Nog and beat him twice. DC biggest comp was/is Jon Jones and lost to him twice.

Fedor was KO'd by a 76 year old MW. Cormier is the answer and it's not even close.

Actually, I’d love to see Stipe vs Sergei.
They would have matched up pretty well.

Sergei would've of been a tough match for stipe because he had a great boxing and a better chin then stipe.

Stipe got hit and dropped alot in his prime.

Dc is #2 lhw and hw behind jones of all time

1st of all, Babalu was a HW back then when he started.
In this fight he was around 229 lbs IIRC while Fedor, lighter @ 227 lbs.

Moreover, Arona...A LHW in this fight, @ 202 lbs, but you´re talkin about someone who would manhandle Kerr (!) a few yrs later @ ADCC.

On a sidenote, the Arona fight was close, was ruled a Majority Draw at the end of the 2nd Round [Draw x 2 + 1 Judge gave it to Arona]. Arona had more ground controle, but Fedor had more submission attempts... It is what it is.

Now talkin´ about the roster of this tournament:

Rings: King of Kings 2000 Block A
> you had guys like:
Minotau, Tamura, Couture,Babalu, Valentijn Overeem, Horn,Labasanov,Suren Balachinskiy (was considered
better than Fedor at that time, beat him twice in sambo) etc

Rings: King of Kings 2000 Block B
> Fedor, TK, Ilyukhin, Arona,Kopylov etc

Stil not seeing the era he dominated before??

Are you insinuating that MMA has not evolved in 20 years?? That Block B was the equivolent of DC's opponents today??

FYI every aspect of the sport has evolved, from amateur wrestling to especially BJJ, to especially and most irrelevant how those 2 are trained together today.

To insinuate tjat the 1 dimensional sport of the 90's is that same as today is a fucking joke. And both you guys should feel a little bit dumber for even comparing it.

DC wasn't getting punched and kicked in the head in his 20s

Fight age almakes a difference

Fedor is the GOAT.

DC is one of the GOATs.

There is a difference.

Stil not seeing the era he dominated before??

Are you insinuating that MMA has not evolved in 20 years?? That Block B was the equivolent of DC's opponents today??

FYI every aspect of the sport has evolved, from amateur wrestling to especially BJJ, to especially and most irrelevant how those 2 are trained together today.

To insinuate tjat the 1 dimensional sport of the 90's is that same as today is a fucking joke. And both you guys should feel a little bit dumber for even comparing it.
tbh I dont think you know what you´re talkin´ about.

And since u have no longer any technical sound argument, you´re now spittin´clichés, and recycling BS u heard from others.

To make it short, listen to Hume, he knows much more than those who taught u these clichés:

Many of Fedors opponents are considered legends,, How many of DC are?.. People need to stop trying to push the DC legacy..

Yes. Fedor couldn’t evolve. Even at 39 Cormier is the #1 ranked fighter in the world at two weight classes. Fedor was getting his shit pushed in at 35. Fedor also fought at a time when a portion of the best heavyweights were in another organization. Cormier has been fighting in an organization that has a monopoly on the talent.

Fedor is incedibly overrated, great at his time, but he dominated a single era, and the game caught up to him fairly quiclky.

1 guy was getting KO'd by MW's by the age 33 the other becams a 2 division champ at age 39.

Pretty much this. /thread

And since u have no longer any technical sound argument, you´re now spittin´clichés, and recycling BS u heard from others.

To make it short, listen to Hume, he knows much more than those who taught u these clichés:

Lol yes because you can be just as successful training in a single discipline, or even just 2 right??

The training protocols from the 90's hasnt changed at all, the mma school back then still is the same thing...

You sir are a baffoon

Lol yes because you can be just as successful training in a single discipline, or even just 2 right??

The training protocols from the 90's hasnt changed at all, the mma school back then still is the same thing...

You sir are a baffoon
tbh I already understood that u are an idiot, so jus´ check what Hume has to say and stop losing my time.

Last edited:
He beat Stipe by poking him in both eyes then KOing him. Got a long way to go in my book.

Fan of both guys. Fedor, by far, was a killer. He decimated how many UFC champions when they were relevant. I like comier and very happy he won the title, but disappointed stipe lost. Cormier needs to defend and fight some other HW's before being put in the same class.

Jones would headkick both of them into Bolivia... and then piss dirty.

Lmao " but there are some who have done what they need to do and EVOLVED VERY FAR "

/thread

Thanks for playing

Skillwise, yes. Legacy, no.

If DC did his entire run at HW and never lost the belt, he would have Fedor's legacy.

However, he cut down to 205 and was always second best there. He's only a real champion right now and he hasn't even defended the HW belt once.

I think Negrodor sounds better. You can make a strong case for Cormier now since he has had both the UFC LHW & HW championship belts. That is a huge accomplishment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Judoka_Noob
Back