Did Black Beast deserve to win that fight [POLL]

Did judges make the right decision

• Total voters
Love that lay and pray dont get too much “points” anymore

This should have been a draw, but from an entertainment stand point most people wouldn't want to watch the rematch.

I thought Lewis had round one, Latif round 2 and Lewis' surge at the end of 3 probably swayed the judges as he came strong in the last couple of minutes

I had it 1 and 3 Lewis but it's not a hill I'm willing to die on

Aren't the new rules mainly based on damage? Because if they are, it's hard to argue Latifi did any

Yes Lewis won the fight based on the fact he tried to finish his opponent as opposed to stalling him up against the cage or on the ground. If you get a take-down just to lay on top of your opponent, it shouldn't be rewarded.

Whether you felt Lewis lost the fight is not the question, did Latifi earn the win.
So we can just adopt PRIDE rules whenever we want?

This was a fight. They rewarded the only guy fighting. Seems appropriate

No robbery. Latifi didn't do shit but panic wrestle and stall. Couple nice takedowns that led to literally nothing. And I was rooting for him.

Lewis 1 and 3

So we can just adopt PRIDE rules whenever we want?

Not necessarily, but if we start rewarding fighters to lay on top or hold opponent on the cage to secure a win.....we will have a dead product in due time.

Maybe that's how they should score fights but they rarely do so it's kindve a bullshit decision.
Lewis has won multiple fights just like this.
In fact, its very hard to win lnp decisions now if your opponent does anything at all.

I'm glad that, for the most part, judges stopped awarding Lay&Pray/ Wall&Stall with no offensive effort. Lewis was at least trying to stop the fight.

Not necessarily, but if we start rewarding fighters to lay on top or hold opponent on the cage to secure a win.....we will have a dead product in due time.
I agree, but the rules aren't subjective though right.

Can we award decisions based on what's best for business?

I thought latifi would win with control and takedowns but I’m glad Lewis got it. Even though he did very little he did some damage which should outweigh non-dangerous control.

Takedowns?
Control?
Dominated the grappling??

Did I miss something. Do they only score punches in Texas?

According to the new rules judges are only supposed to look at damage and/or submission attempts before they consider anything else.

Take downs, control etc. only count when the damage/submission attempts are so close judges can’t tell whose is ahead

Takedowns don't win fights.

Control is lowest in precedence in scoring criteria.

His grappling advantage, via the scoring, doesn't mean much, as his control didn't lead to striking edge or sub attempts.

They score offense above all else, as they should. And in that regard, Lewis clearly won.

I might be wrong, but I think you're talking about the new judging criteria, which isn't applicable in Texas.

I personally thought Latifi won unanimously

Lewis thought the exact same thing before the shocking decision was announced, you could see it on his face as he looked down shaking his head

I agree, but the rules aren't subjective though right.

Can we award decisions based on what's best for business?

No we shouldn't, however Lewis put in the effort to at least engage and finish his opponent. Latifi did manage to secure 3 take-downs. But....did he do anything to take advantage on those take-downs to secure points?

That's maybe where they should explain what should be awarded points, and what shouldn't in regards to a take-down.

Listen. Latifi "won" the fight. That performance would have always been enough to win but it was such a shit performance that I'm glad the refs didnt let it slide this time. Bad decision but the right outcome. Latifi didnt come to fight.

well put

latifi looked like he wanted to eek it out, whereas derrick at least tried to bang.

latifi lost stock everywhere

According to the new rules judges are only supposed to look at damage and/or submission attempts before they consider anything else.

Take downs, control etc. only count when the damage/submission attempts are so close judges can’t tell whose is ahead
Ok

So why are we acting like Lewis did so much damage? Lewis didn't rock Latifi once. No cuts no blood. No swelling.

Did more damage than Latifi for sure, but nothing significant.

Back