Did Black Beast deserve to win that fight [POLL]

Did judges make the right decision

• Total voters

Cooliox

Steel Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Lots of back and forth arguments. Let's put it up on a poll Sherbros.

I personally thought Latifi won unanimously and that it wasn't even close for that matter.

Yes, my heart was with Lewis, and I'm happy he won, especially in his hometown, but I don't think he earned it.

Lots of back and forth arguments. Let's put it up on a poll Sherbros.

I personally thought Latifi won unanimously and that it wasn't even close for that matter.

Yes, my heart was with Lewis, and I'm happy he won, especially in his hometown, but I don't think he earned it.
Why did Latifi deserve round 3? Either by the official scoring criteria, or your own personal criteria?

I thought Latifi won, Derick landed more damage I guess that last round could if went either way.

Why did Latifi deserve round 3? Either by the official scoring criteria, or your own personal criteria?
Takedowns?
Control?
Dominated the grappling??

Did I miss something. Do they only score punches in Texas?

Lewis looked like he was expecting a loss on the scorecards.

Didn't deserve to win it but I am glad he did.. screw that lay n prayer.

Takedowns?
Control?
Dominated the grappling??

Did I miss something. Do they only score punches in Texas?
Takedowns don't win fights.

Control is lowest in precedence in scoring criteria.

His grappling advantage, via the scoring, doesn't mean much, as his control didn't lead to striking edge or sub attempts.

They score offense above all else, as they should. And in that regard, Lewis clearly won.

Never award dry humpers a decision.

If you’re gonna wrestle, do something...

Like submission attempts or ground and pound. Don’t just hug him like a dog in heat and hope for a decision.

It's getting harder and harder to care if some of these fights are robberies. Lewis looked like thought Latifi should fall down from anything he landed and had no plan B. Latifi didn't want to engage on their feet and didn't do much with the TD's. meh!

Listen. Latifi "won" the fight. That performance would have always been enough to win but it was such a shit performance that I'm glad the refs didnt let it slide this time. Bad decision but the right outcome. Latifi didnt come to fight.

Latifi did nothing but some control. He looked terrified in there

Maybe that's how they should score fights but they rarely do so it's kindve a bullshit decision.

Don't reward fighters that aren't trying to inflict damage on their opponent. Because, that's literally what fighting is.

Totally fine with the decision.

Eh, I don't think anyone earned the win.

Yes Lewis won the fight based on the fact he tried to finish his opponent as opposed to stalling him up against the cage or on the ground. If you get a take-down just to lay on top of your opponent, it shouldn't be rewarded.

Whether you felt Lewis lost the fight is not the question, did Latifi earn the win.

Trying to finish a fight, should count way more than Lay and Pray.

/thread

Maybe that's how they should score fights but they rarely do so it's kindve a bullshit decision.
Via the rules they scored it correctly. Via how the rules SHOULD be they scored it correctly. Don't reward judges' past mistakes by claiming their mistakes should determine this fight.

Back