Did Bendo accidentally call out the wrong russian?

vyronturner

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I think he might have meant to call out Khabib instead of Rustam. I mean like thats the most random call out ive ever seen, ive never even heard of Rustam and now hes main eventing.

Should've called out Sergei.

Yup. He said something like 'If no one wants to fight you I will.'

Back then Khabib was calling out people left and right without result.

Yeah lol. Well rustam is undefeated too right? I'm excited to see him fight bendo.

That headkick he landed on masvidal..

Rustam called him out, Bendo said he didn't care whether or not it was Khabib, he said it was like a "You wanna fight me? Sure, lets fight" kinda thing.

About the matchup, I remember him saying something like: "I'm the #1 ranked guy, why not fight the #14 guy?"

Rustam was ranked #14 at the time so I'm pretty sure he got the right guy. He just wants a win over a ranked opponent and this is that.

No because if it was Khabib he would lose. Decided on the lesser of the two Russians.

About the matchup, I remember him saying something like: "I'm the #1 ranked guy, why not fight the #14 guy?"

Rustam was ranked #14 at the time so I'm pretty sure he got the right guy. He just wants a win over a ranked opponent and this is that.

I remember this happening. Bendo did call the right guy.

Bendo knew who he was talking about, but there was someone who got it confused. RDA maybe? Who, ironically, ended up fighting Khabib anyway.

I think it's a pretty smart move from Bendo. He recognizes that he needs to get back in the win column, and it doesn't really matter who it is. A win is a win is a win and I think he has a good shot at beating Rustam.

Of course, if he loses, that's pretty fucking terrible for him. #14 beating #1 isn't a good look.

These Russians are straight killers.

in 20 years UFC will be dominated by Russians

Back