Did Bellator mess up in letting Chandler go?

That would have been cool have Strikeforce and WEC as feeder leagues and have UFC and Pride as the premier leagues with different rule sets, then do like 1-3 cross over events a year of UFC vs Pride.
This would have been so badass!! I always liked the Japanese ruleset better and the entire aura around PRIDE events. Its hard to believe anything Dana says but, according to Dana, that is what they were planning from the beginning but Japanese "businessmen" ran the UFC out of Japan.

I think it was Burns that said the offer from the UFC wasn't the best one Chandler got. At least that is who I remember hearing said it, didn't know Thomson said it as well though.
Thomson mentioned it in his podcast with Big John but also Thomson doesnt miss an opportunity to shit on Chandler so...

It's was the right move for Chandler to leave. He ran his course and really not much left for him there.

I think most respect the upper tier of Bellator fighters. It's just a thin upper tier in some weight classes with some possible good prospects. Bellator has a great roster and has for years. We just don't get the chance to really see it put to work very often to get fans excited about the product.

I really hope he win get the belt somehow in Ufc and especially if he will tko Khabib

Apparently Bellator seems not to like to build up fighters who have talents. Only Dada 5000, Tito Ortiz and Fedor Emelianenko will have a big part of Bellators marketing
Man, those fights were like 5 years ago, you need to let go .

It's was the right move for Chandler to leave. He ran his course and really not much left for him there.

I think most respect the upper tier of Bellator fighters. It's just a thin upper tier in some weight classes with some possible good prospects. Bellator has a great roster and has for years. We just don't get the chance to really see it put to work very often to get fans excited about the product.
Yes, with the exception of LW, I think the entire top 7-10 in every division would be competitive in the UFC. Some could even be title contenders. The rest of the divisions are a lot of filler guys and prospects, which again they can pan out, like AJ, or could be a bust, like Bubba Jenkins or Piccoloti. Unfortunately, success cases like AJ are few and far between, whereas the prospects not panning out are way more common.

Yes, with the exception of LW, I think the entire top 7-10 in every division would be competitive in the UFC. Some could even be title contenders. The rest of the divisions are a lot of filler guys and prospects, which again they can pan out, like AJ, or could be a bust, like Bubba Jenkins or Piccoloti. Unfortunately, success cases like AJ are few and far between, whereas the prospects not panning out are way more common.

Depends what you define as competitive, if you mean would they be ranked, I would probably disagree. If you mean would they be able to survive on the roster, then sure.

With that monopoly lawsuit going on against the UFC I dont think is in their best interests to swallow up their closest competitor. If they did swallow up Bellator they would really become a monopoly. I believe one of their arguments against the lawsuit is that Bellator exists as a competitor to the UFC.

The UFC should have kept PRIDE and Strikeforce as separate entities still operated by Zuffa. Strikeforce could have worked as the feeder org and PRIDE to maintain the Asian market open.
Great points, cheers.

Depends what you define as competitive, if you mean would they be ranked, I would probably disagree. If you mean would they be able to survive on the roster, then sure.
I mean no, not the entire top 7-10 would be ranked, of course not. But I think 2-4 in each weight class would be ranked top 10-15. And some could even challenge for the title (Nemkov, Mousasi, Lima, Pitbull, Magomedov).

Not really. Bellator issue isnt that don’t have good fighters. They do. They are just bad at marketing them

Chandler has become more popular in the 6 months he’s been in the UFC with one fight then then the decade he spent with Bellator.

Last edited:
I mean any org shouldnt want to get rid of top talent but they just dont have anyone in their LW div to make it interesting to keep him around.

So for Chandler it was a great move, he fought on a gigantic PPV and got more attention than he's ever gotten and beat a top 10 guy and now will likely get a big fight with one of the top 4 LW.

Should do Dustin/Do Bronx and Chandler/Justin

It was a good move by Bellator

UFC gave Chandler his toughest match up in that division and he murked him easily. At least people can see now that Bellator has legit fighters.

I've been saying for years that some of the Bellator guys can come to UFC and become champ or top 5 easily. Now they have a bunch of elite fighters in Bellator not just a few and they have better prospects than UFC also.

Hooker his toughest matchup in the div? No

And better prospects than the UFC?

I mean any org shouldnt want to get rid of top talent but they just dont have anyone in their LW div to make it interesting to keep him around.

So for Chandler it was a great move, he fought on a gigantic PPV and got more attention than he's ever gotten and beat a top 10 guy and now will likely get a big fight with one of the top 4 LW.

Should do Dustin/Do Bronx and Chandler/Justin
Damn those would be crazy good match ups. Throw Mcgregor vs Nate or Tony in there, too.

Hooker his toughest matchup in the div? No

And better prospects than the UFC?
Stylistically yes. Of course people will say now that Hooker is a bum and he was an easy fight etc. Look at the comments before the fight, 70% of clueless fans picked Hooker to win. They said he's too durable and tall and will outstrike him or ktfo him with a knee. <{Heymansnicker}>

Yes better prospects than UFC. Don't make me list them all, the list is too long

Stylistically yes. Of course people will say now that Hooker is a bum and he was an easy fight etc. Look at the comments before the fight, 70% of clueless fans picked Hooker to win. They said he's too durable and tall and will outstrike him or ktfo him with a knee. <{Heymansnicker}>

Yes better prospects than UFC. Don't make me list them all, the list is too long
I agree with this part, its crazy how many "fans" thought Chandler was gonna get murked, as if Chandler was some bum. I thought the fight was gonna be closer bit damn Chandler made it look easy.

I agree with this part, its crazy how many "fans" thought Chandler was gonna get murked, as if Chandler was some bum. I thought the fight was gonna be closer bit damn Chandler made it look easy.
I said Chandler will KTFO him in round 1 and picked Dustin by (t)ko round 2 also.

I really need to start gambling smh.

How do you see Overeem vs Volkov?
I'm pretty sure my next picks will be terrible <45> I think Volkov will only try to land low kicks on him or force clinch on the fence and land some elbows and rarely engage but somewhere in round 3 Reem will catch him with something. He might catch his kick, take him down and win by gnp

I would be shocked if I get this one correctly also :eek:

Yes they did. Coker wanted to get rid of the old guard so bad he closed his eyes. Glad he did, I been wanting to see what he could really do.

Speaking of Bellator we should be getting some news this week I expect. Now that the Conor hysteria is over and we have no UFC, they will probably start announcing some things.

Back