Did Barao take Dillashaw lightly?

Abuyuan Rules

White Belt
Reaction score
Or was Dillashaw just better last night? Barao looked slow and quite honestly was an easy fight for Dillashaw. I would definitely not put money on Barao if they fought again because the style Dillashaw brought looks to give Renan problems 10/10 times. After watching barao dominate the whole division with relative ease, is it possible he just started believing his own hype and took training lightly? He definitely looked a step slower. I believe he did take T.J lightly and it played a small factor in the fight, but I think the best Barao vs the best Dillashaw is a toss up fight at this point.

I think he never recovered from that knock down on first round. That was the end of the fight. He was not able to fully recover.

Props to TJ. I would like to see an immediate rematch to be honest

baroa hasnt dominated the whole division. he has had some tough fights

I think he never recovered from that knock down on first round. That was the end of the fight. He was not able to fully recover.

I wouldn't give a rematch to a fighter who was dominated in every round then eventually finished, whether he was able to recover or not.

I honestly think Barao's body is ready to move up a weight class, and the difficult cut to 135 is more detrimental than good at this point.

He definitely took him lightly and it was obvious with the way he was fighting. The rematch will be a TOTALLY different fight (the one most were expecting this time around).

Or was Dillashaw just better last night? Barao looked slow and quite honestly was an easy fight for Dillashaw. I would definitely not put money on Barao if they fought again because the style Dillashaw brought looks to give Renan problems 10/10 times. After watching barao dominate the whole division with relative ease, is it possible he just started believing his own hype and took training lightly? He definitely looked a step slower. I believe he did take T.J lightly and it played a small factor in the fight, but I think the best Barao vs the best Dillashaw is a toss up fight at this point.

Toss Up? U think after watching TJ win every round,,,,Knocking down Barao in the first, taking him down, beating him every round like a "red headed stepson" - IT'S A TOSS UP? Amazing!!:icon_lol:

"tj dillashaw thinks hes a striker. He's not."

--Renan Barao

I wonder if barao took him lightly.

Toss Up? U think after watching TJ win every round,,,,Knocking down Barao in the first, taking him down, beating him every round like a "red headed stepson" - IT'S A TOSS UP? Amazing!!:icon_lol:

Let's face it, that was an incredible performance from dillashaw and the worst from barao. You can't discredit all barao has done in one fight, anybody who even has little knowledge about the fight game can attest to that. Now it's up to barao to prove to himself that he can get to the top again.

I agree with everything except the immediate rematch part.

But Dana said that option is on the table last night at the press conference.

Lol at Barao underestimating Dillashaw because he's an elite striker.

Barao probably took his striking lightly and trained for a wrestling based fight.

Barao looked drawn out at the weigh ins and puffy during the fight. Seems like he didn't get his weight where it needed to be.

He clearly never recovered from that massive knockdown in the first round. I wouldn't doubt he had a concussion.

Finally, Dillashaw isn't being given the credit he deserves. Barao looked slow because tj is really that fast.

Renan has no excuses. He got dominated and knocked out, and he will be back.

Barao got rocked so bad in the 1st he never recovered.

Dillashaw fought one of his best nights.

Barao is still a monster but Dillashaw made a career last night

This was a case that changed 3 divisions last night 125,135, 145

So many things can happen

Dodson could move up to BW and try to rematch Dillashaw(should he lose to Mighty Mouse again)

Barao went from almost cleaning out the BW division to a clean slate for BW title fights for Dillashaw.

Barao could move up to 145 where he should be. This might push Aldo's move to 155 quicker.

This was a swerve the UFC could have only dreamed of

I hate the excuse, and I don't want to take anything away from Dillashaw, but Barao seemed way off last night. Whether it was from taking TJ lightly or the punch in the first round, I don't know, but something didn't seem right. He tried to go punch for punch when he was clearly getting the short end of the stick almost every time. Should've kept more distance and used kicks and knees to mix it up instead of mainly throwing his hands.

But like I said, props to TJ, he had a spectacular performance.

Barao = Frieza
Faber = Bardock
TJ = Goku

TJ is not the same fighter as Faber just like Goku is not the same fighter as his father Bardock. Bardock and Goku look alike but not the same.
Frieza think Goku is just easy as Bardock and take Goku lightly till Goku turn up the heat and go super saiyan and it's the end of Frieza.

When Barao finish Faber, he think TJ is just a weaker version of Faber, and that's when he took TJ a bit lightly and become cocky and then he realize, TJ is super saiyan instead of regular saiyan.:icon_surp

Barao doesn't seem like the type of fighter to take their opponent lightly. I highly doubt he did when he fought TJ. I do think the first round knockdown really shook Barao and he became pretty tentative afterwards. Some fighters are able to shake it off but it looked like Barao couldn't.

Back