Did Askren have the most unfortunate fall in the history of MMA?

Not really. Penn is known for a legendary chin and mostly used stand up his whole career. Ben is one of the worst strikers in MMA history

Ironic Ben would've smashed Penn. I think Penn vs Khabib prime for prime would be competitive. Ben would've beaten them both.

OP don’t forget this gem. Not that it wasn’t expected it just garnered attention and made him look foolish after talking big.

Compared to where he was prior to joint the UFC it was a pretty huge fall.

He could have retired and always been thought of positively with a “what if” added to it. Now his legacy is completely overrated and he’s become a journeyman prize fighter losing for a paycheck.

OP don’t forget this gem. Not that it wasn’t expected it just garnered attention and made him look foolish after talking big.

Getting destroyed by one of the greatest wrestlers of all time is far from embarrassing. It is to be expected.

He got knocked down. Lots of boxers get knocked down. He got back up but the ref called it too early.

He got beat up by a youtuber after talking tons of shit. He didn't go out there and get lightly knocked down by a world champion or even a real fighter, he got one shot face planted by a dude who makes videos for kids on YouTube lol

Pure humiliation.

He's actually a really good guy and doesn't seem to care about perception or anything like that. Seems happy with his life

No, he we won and defended titles in multiple organizations and went undefeated for over a decade.

Losing on a 1 in a lifetime flying knee KO and being knocked out in a contest where you are prohibited from using your greatest strength(wrestling) doesn’t negate that.

What about the loss to 41 year old Maia?

How much did he make in that fight?

half a mill?

I think he's ok.

How much did he make in that fight?

half a mill?

I think he's ok.

Is 500K before taxes to get knocked out by a youtuber in 1 minute and be the laughing stock of the MMA and boxing community worth it though? People were making it out like he got paid 10 mil for that fight...

He could have just did some lame commercials/appearances instead.

Is 500K before taxes to get knocked out by a youtuber in 1 minute and be the laughing stock of the MMA and boxing community worth it though? People were making it out like he got paid 10 mil for that fight...

He could have just did some lame commercials/appearances instead.
What commercials!?

He might get some commercials now.

Do you think he's well known outside the MMA and wrestling community?

He's more well known than ever right now. He obviously didn't even fucking try at all. This is, for better or worst, his moment.

What commercials!?

He's more well known than ever right now. He obviously didn't even fucking try at all. This is, for better or worst, his moment.
Money comes and goes, but getting bullied, humiliated, and KTFO by a Disney Channel star will last down to your grandchildren...

Getting destroyed by one of the greatest wrestlers of all time is far from embarrassing. It is to be expected.

Basically what I said. But he got shit for it on social media from the mma community is my point.

What commercials!?

lol I don't mean nike, I mean some shady betting site or this random protein shake company that he was shilling 3 days ago.

Why would he try with nothing on the line beside his dignity? He even said after the fight that it doesn't matter if he won or lost that fight because his life would still be the same.

Money comes and goes, but getting bullied, humiliated, and KTFO by a Disney Channel star will last down to your grandchildren...
yeah, but he just earned enough money to put down payments on a few properties in butt fuck nowheres and rent them fuckers out. So, now at least his grandkids will have a place of their own to live in while they make fun of grandpa.

He got knocked down. Lots of boxers get knocked down. He got back up but the ref called it too early.
"Lots of boxers get knocked down"
True but Askren isn't a boxer and what he was doing out there shouldn't be called boxing.

Back