Did anyone get the GracieMag/Storm gi promo deal?

How did you go about making the additional payment, e.g. for the shipping, etc.? Who did you make payment to and how?

Last edited:
I only received the email, from a Carol Chan, after I had emailed Kimiko at Storm customer service that I had made the shipping payment but received no confirmation or tracking info. I have not received any further updates since 12/6/12. No clue if there is still a labor issue at the ports. It definitely sucks, but as I stated previously, I was fine with waiting some time for it; sort of like the gi pre orders that always take longer than estimated to arrive from overseas.
I haven't received my Gracie Mag subscription either!!

Haven't received any updates from Carol Chow (She was the one who intially sent the email talking about the delays). I looked at a couple articles on the labor strikes at the Port, seemed it was resolved by December 6th - no clue what sort of back up this caused, but I think that the strike last a day?

I emailed Storm again yesterday, hopefully get something soon. oh I also havent gotten my graciemag but I think that the deal said 4 to 6 weeks, I ordered late November.

How did you go about making the additional payment, e.g. for the shipping, etc.? Who did you make payment to and how?

Storm sent me a list of options to choose from ie if I add more money I could get the T2 Gi instead of the normal typhoon. Payment made to their paypal account

Storm sent me a list of options to choose from ie if I add more money I could get the T2 Gi instead of the normal typhoon. Payment made to their paypal account

What exactly is their paypal account (e.g., what is the email address you used to paypal the requested funds?

I get it now. They just emailed an invoice to me with a button you click on to pay via paypal. Thanks for your help.

Haven't received any updates from Carol Chow (She was the one who intially sent the email talking about the delays). I looked at a couple articles on the labor strikes at the Port, seemed it was resolved by December 6th - no clue what sort of back up this caused, but I think that the strike last a day?

I emailed Storm again yesterday, hopefully get something soon. oh I also havent gotten my graciemag but I think that the deal said 4 to 6 weeks, I ordered late November.

Where you received an email from her, I had to inquire about the status of the order, then she responded with the same labor issue as the cause for delay. Nothing since. One good thing is that I just received my first issue from Gracie Mag today! Thanks for the strike info. As you said, whatever delays that may have caused combined with the usual holiday season slowdown, I'm hoping soon we'll receive some good news regarding these orders!

it does say in the small print, "allow 4-6 weeks for delivery."

for those complaining about the cost of shipping, again, the small print does indicate a separate $25 charge for the gi so that should be no surprise

I have been dealing with Kenneth and Carol.

When I was getting no replies, I sent another e-mail advising of the bad service I would report - got an instant reply apologizing for my inconvenience and was told they are "awaiting details from the shipping company" - nice hand-balling of the problem there.

Nothing has arrived as of yet.

I also paid extra for the T2.

Pretty sad, I'll never order from Storm again.

I just got my gi. Pretty incredibly fast service on my end in receiving the gi.

Really, 4-6 weeks for delivery? I guess that means they don't have them in stock and you are essentially pre-ordering a gi.

Mine was delivered to me in about 5 days.

Did the order. Got the Gracie magazine already. Took a while to get the PayPal order thing from Storm, paid it and have not heard anything about the Gi getting shipped yet. Real frustrated with Storms customer service.

My stuff just came in yesterday. Gotta try it out and see how the Gi is.

sorry to bring this back to the top,but for the people who ordered this did you just get an email from storm about the gi? if so,how long did it take? thanks.

Anyone got a direct email to one of these people you've been dealing with?

I ordered on Dec 30, 2011 and I just received my gi today and my first magazine last week. I got email confirmation and tracking information the whole way

I have to admit, GracieMag isn't anything special.
It's mostly advertisements ... little content & not a particularly well written magazine.

In any case, the gi was what I truly wanted.

We ordered in early January. Just got the magazines last week. Haven't heard a word about the gi. In fact, I totally forgot about it. Should I be looking for an email or something? Gracie Mag just arrived with no advance notice.

We ordered in early January. Just got the magazines last week. Haven't heard a word about the gi. In fact, I totally forgot about it. Should I be looking for an email or something? Gracie Mag just arrived with no advance notice.

i ordered a couple weeks ago...basically the way it works is a couple days later i got an email from storm with a list of options for the gi i wanted (style,color,size) and the option to upgrade to the T2 for like 25 or 35 more...they also had packages where you could get like shorts,rashguard,and hat-so you make your selection and email them back with the gracie mag order number and shipping address;theyll email you back to confirm the selections youve made and your address,and once you confirm theyll send you a paypal invoice,then you email them back to confirm youve sent the payment...all this takes a few days between emails,i think i started emailing with storm around the 21st and just today i got an email that said payment was confirmed and theyll send me tracking info when they have it

i ordered a couple weeks ago...basically the way it works is a couple days later i got an email from storm with a list of options for the gi i wanted (style,color,size) and the option to upgrade to the T2 for like 25 or 35 more...they also had packages where you could get like shorts,rashguard,and hat-so you make your selection and email them back with the gracie mag order number and shipping address;theyll email you back to confirm the selections youve made and your address,and once you confirm theyll send you a paypal invoice,then you email them back to confirm youve sent the payment...all this takes a few days between emails,i think i started emailing with storm around the 21st and just today i got an email that said payment was confirmed and theyll send me tracking info when they have it

Wow! I never got anything. I know when I ordered Gracie Mag I told them in person that I wanted an A2 Black gi and they said ok, but that was the whole extent of the converation. Do you have the email address that contacted you?

Wow! I never got anything. I know when I ordered Gracie Mag I told them in person that I wanted an A2 Black gi and they said ok, but that was the whole extent of the converation. Do you have the email address that contacted you?

sorry just saw this...

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

the 3rd one only sent the confirmation of payment to me,all of my other interaction was with the 1st email up there (custserv2) so try them 1st,i would probably put the confirmation number from gracie mag in the email too

Back