Did anyone get the GracieMag/Storm gi promo deal?

joshv5.0

BJJ Revolution Team
Reaction score
Did anyone get the GracieMag/Storm gi promo deal? Because after emailing Storm constantly and paying for shipping on the gi I still haven't received the gi yet or even a response to my emails . I am about done dealing with Storm's horrible customer service and I am going to contact GracieMag to cancel my order. I would like to know if I'm alone on this or if it has happened to others.

Check your spam folder. Maybe their emails got bulked.
I got my free gi no problem. Storm's customer service was was really good.

I could not get my order in with enough time to get the additional discount because I was not that attentive to it, but I'd be interested to know as well. Maybe they ran out of kimonos or are not working this late in the year. - E

One of the guys in my class got one as well.

I ordered it as well, emailed them 3 times and finally got an email back yesterday about the reasoning for the delay:

"Thank you for your E-Mail and we apologise for the delay in responding. We are unfortunately behind schedule due to Christmas order processing, and also unfortunately there was a labour strike at the LA Port so this has impacted our delivery schedule to our valued clients by approximately two weeks. "

Did it come with the horrible patches sewn on or did the patches come seperately?

!!!!

I have been waiting nearly a month now. It's like two weeks in-between replies and my last was instant; I was advised I would receive a paypal invoice to confirm my gi-order.

This is RIDICULOUS!

!!!!

I have been waiting nearly a month now. It's like two weeks in-between replies and my last was instant; I was advised I would receive a paypal invoice to confirm my gi-order.

This is RIDICULOUS!

I hear ya boss. I am about to file a dispute with my credit card.

What would you specifically dispute? The S&H charge or Gracie subscription and S&H charge. - E

I hear ya boss. I am about to file a dispute with my credit card.

Pretty disappointed.
Terrible service.

Think I will contact GracieMag.com and cancel my subscription/order - it's $200+ I could invest into something more worthwhile.

a couple guys at my gym got it, i havent heard any complaints

I ordered it as well, emailed them 3 times and finally got an email back yesterday about the reasoning for the delay:

"Thank you for your E-Mail and we apologise for the delay in responding. We are unfortunately behind schedule due to Christmas order processing, and also unfortunately there was a labour strike at the LA Port so this has impacted our delivery schedule to our valued clients by approximately two weeks. "

I was received this same email response on the 21st, after I emailed them once. I made the paypal payment on the 6th. Does anyone know if this labor strike is still going on or if it's been resolved? I don't mind waiting, just wish they would be more proactive in contacting their customers.

I was received this same email response on the 21st, after I emailed them once. I made the paypal payment on the 6th. Does anyone know if this labor strike is still going on or if it's been resolved? I don't mind waiting, just wish they would be more proactive in contacting their customers.

I haven't received anything thus far; made all the necessary payments, etc.

Feels like I have been scammed.

I just ordered this 2 days ago. I hope I did not make a mistake

Last edited:
I haven't received anything thus far; made all the necessary payments, etc.

Feels like I have been scammed.

I only received the email, from a Carol Chan, after I had emailed Kimiko at Storm customer service that I had made the shipping payment but received no confirmation or tracking info. I have not received any further updates since 12/6/12. No clue if there is still a labor issue at the ports. It definitely sucks, but as I stated previously, I was fine with waiting some time for it; sort of like the gi pre orders that always take longer than estimated to arrive from overseas.
I haven't received my Gracie Mag subscription either!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Judoka_Noob
Back