Did anyone else think JDS 's performance was somewhat disappointing?

JDS did well to survive but he had an awful fight last night. His hands low throughout the whole fight even after his corner told him to keep his hands up. I don't think he respected Cain's striking enough.

Apparently he didn't have to.

I think he went into this fight with some complacency. I'm sure he trained extremely hard and felt ready, but psychologically it looked like he thought he was too good for Cain early on and could stand with him, leaving his head/chin wide open. That was a huge mistake, as that huge right from Cain knocked a lot out of him.

I think this fight showed that he has amazing heart, chin and TDD but that he depends too much on his boxing and power. He'll go back to the drawing board and I expect him to come back a lot stronger. In a 3rd fight, I would make JDS a slight favourite.

There was obviously something not right that can't be attributed to Cain's punishment. The same way Cain looked off in the first fight JDS came out in this one with zero footwork from 00:01 and this is the same guy that danced around Carwin et al beating em up with seemingly no effort? Can't be right. You'd expect at least a few good minutes...

Imho he was either injured going into the fight or had to smooth of a ride leading up to it to really understand what a healthy Cain is capable of. You could kinda see the signs with all the talk of early KO's and meeting Overeem and stuff so wouldn't be surprised if it's the latter.

Hopefully the loss beat some fear into him and the third one will see both fighters in top form because both fights have so far been a bit "meh".

Yea his hair was hurting and his toenails were itchy.

Back