Did anyone else think JDS 's performance was somewhat disappointing?

try running and defending takedowns for 4 minutes while taking strikes. There only so much your muscles can take slow twitch, fast twitch and faster twich muscles.

those takedown defenses and strikes and going around on his feet non stop tired till that big punch rattled his head and took more out of him

repect to jds, its not easy. and unlike 80% of the liars on this forum, i actually realized a injured acl makes a difference and was expecting jds to have a hard fight, but not that hard.

JDS did well to survive but he had an awful fight last night. His hands low throughout the whole fight even after his corner told him to keep his hands up. I don't think he respected Cain's striking enough.

I'm tempted to bump some of the "jds boxing is GOAT" threads from a few months ago just for the contrast

Disappointed to to say the least.....something looked wrong, he was sluggish...you saw flashes himself late in the fight, but he just took way too much damage to be affective.

Honestly that punch in the first was just nasty and it landed flush. I'm surprised he didn't crumple. Maybe it made him doubt his own standup since he didn't throw anything in rounds 2 and 3.

It's not cardio. After he ate that punch he ate a few more.

His brain was severely rattled.

I was very impressed with JDS even in defeat.

Yeah, JDS was obviously not with it, there were huge stretches of the match after Cain dropped him where he wasn't even throwing any punches when he could have.

He regained his senses a little in round 3 and started firing back. Stamina had nothing to do with him not even trying to attack.

I wasnt shocked at all about the terrible performance of JDS. He has always had terrible defense and Cain exploited that. The brawler JDS depends upon the haymaker which doesnt work all the time like he thought it does.

The ground game of JDS really showed itself to be horrible and he couldnt do hardly anything there at all.

JDS is just very one dimensional which I have been saying for a long time.

I thought Jds ground game looked phenomenal. Being rocked until around rd 4 Cain really couldn't do shit to him on the ground the whole fight. Most of the damage came in the stand up.

There was obviously something not right that can't be attributed to Cain's punishment. The same way Cain looked off in the first fight JDS came out in this one with zero footwork from 00:01 and this is the same guy that danced around Carwin et al beating em up with seemingly no effort? Can't be right. You'd expect at least a few good minutes...

Imho he was either injured going into the fight or had to smooth of a ride leading up to it to really understand what a healthy Cain is capable of. You could kinda see the signs with all the talk of early KO's and meeting Overeem and stuff so wouldn't be surprised if it's the latter.

Hopefully the loss beat some fear into him and the third one will see both fighters in top form because both fights have so far been a bit "meh".

He was lost after the first round...
Just showed heart and an amazing chin, but his punching power evaporated really fast....

Can't be disappointed tho, with so many quiters in the sport, this guy took a 25minutes beating from a 240 pounds guy without quitting.... WAR JDS !

This is true. JDS has always had a questionable gas tank in my mind, that was his biggest weakness in my opinion and Cain is the perfect matchup to exploit that weakness. He did just that, and JDS looked bad halfway through the first round. JDS definitely never gave up though, his TDD failed him and he ate alot of shots to the face but he is a true fighter. He will be back KOing people soon enough.

I'm surprised how fast he gassed. I know he was defending td after td but what about Cain? Trying to take someone down is as taxing as defending and he seemed to be ok.

Although to be fair is wasn't just a matter of gassing, he was getting hit a lot too and probably spent half of the fight dazed because of that.

As others have mentioned though, he did show a lot of heart and you can't take that away from him.

It's not cardio. After he ate that punch he ate a few more.

His brain was severely rattled.

I was very impressed with JDS even in defeat.

agreed.

JDS will come back better then ever

A lot of guys calling him a warrior and singing his praises for lasting 5 rounds with Cain.

For me he was very disappointing this fight. He did good the first 3 minutes. Had good TDD and was able to defend Cain's attacks.

But then his cardio went. For me that is somewhat inexcusable. I know Cain is a relentless beast but JDS knew he was going in for potentially 5 rounds against a guy like Cain why was he not better prepared in his cardio and gameplan?

I just don't feel like JDS was as game as people are making out. Cain is a monster and made it really hard for JDS so I believe that plays a huge part in how bad JDS looked but for me JDS did not meet his potential in this fight.

He was dazed from the time he ate the right, all the way through the second round. And, yes, eating punches and being in dreamland made it possible for Cain to repeatedly take him down, ride him and grind him.

It's not that his cardio "went" - his senses "went" which allowed him to have the cardio beat out of him.

Maybe because Cain is such a beast and was extremely motivated and hungry to destroy JDS? I think the best Cain beats the best JDS 9/10 times. Cain is too much for JDS and always will be.

yes, it was disappointing. But he is just entering his prime and can learn from this. He's still top 3. LOL at someone like Hunt beating him.

Im a JDS fan who is eating a lot of crow right now damn i'm devastated... Felt like JDS quit after he got dropped in the 1st and he had no gas tank last night. Props to Cain I truly believed he would be beaten again. That's my .02 Now im leaving to go into hiding once again with the other jds fans.

There was obviously something not right that can't be attributed to Cain's punishment. The same way Cain looked off in the first fight JDS came out in this one with zero footwork from 00:01 and this is the same guy that danced around Carwin et al beating em up with seemingly no effort? Can't be right. You'd expect at least a few good minutes...

Imho he was either injured going into the fight or had to smooth of a ride leading up to it to really understand what a healthy Cain is capable of. You could kinda see the signs with all the talk of early KO's and meeting Overeem and stuff so wouldn't be surprised if it's the latter.

Hopefully the loss beat some fear into him and the third one will see both fighters in top form because both fights have so far been a bit "meh".

The problem is that Carwin is slow as fuq. Probably the slowest at HW which made JDS look good. Carwin is a very slow wrassler.

I'm a bit disapointed but JDS is same top 3 fighter who was before fight.

Back