Did anyone else think JDS 's performance was somewhat disappointing?

ILikeDogging

Blue Belt
Reaction score
A lot of guys calling him a warrior and singing his praises for lasting 5 rounds with Cain.

For me he was very disappointing this fight. He did good the first 3 minutes. Had good TDD and was able to defend Cain's attacks.

But then his cardio went. For me that is somewhat inexcusable. I know Cain is a relentless beast but JDS knew he was going in for potentially 5 rounds against a guy like Cain why was he not better prepared in his cardio and gameplan?

I just don't feel like JDS was as game as people are making out. Cain is a monster and made it really hard for JDS so I believe that plays a huge part in how bad JDS looked but for me JDS did not meet his potential in this fight.

It's not cardio. After he ate that punch he ate a few more.

His brain was severely rattled.

I was very impressed with JDS even in defeat.

i agree with this. i dont think anyone else in the division would have lasted after taking punishment like that, JDS showed a lot of heart tonight and i think like cain did he'll come back even stronger. i cant wait for jds-velasquez 3

Kinds like Sylvia after he ate that first big punch from Couture in their fight.

i agree with this. i dont think anyone else in the division would have lasted after taking punishment like that, JDS showed a lot of heart tonight and i think like cain did he'll come back even stronger. i cant wait for jds-velasquez 3

Mark Hunt would've.

I was impressed. Anyone else after say the 3rd round would of just gave up mentally. The fact that JDS was able to just keep getting up over and over bombed for 25 minutes was scary. His face was a wreck and still wanted more.

He was lost after the first round...
Just showed heart and an amazing chin, but his punching power evaporated really fast....

Can't be disappointed tho, with so many quiters in the sport, this guy took a 25minutes beating from a 240 pounds guy without quitting.... WAR JDS !

Yes!

He should have known what was giong to come from Cain, and stod his ground more like in the first fight. Cain stole it from him because of it.

Someone has to win. The other guy is usually not going to look so good.

He lost because Cain outskilled him. Disappointing for JDS fans but dont make it into something its not.

Yes. His cardio was so fucked two minutes in that I'm amazed he wasn't finished. Thankfully, Cain doesn't hit very hard. It also doesn't help that JDS has a good chin.

I thought he looked slower than usual and a bit akward, even early in the first round. I know Cain is a fast heavyweight himself, but I have never seen JDS so slow. Maybe he was so concerned about the takedown.
Also that was some horrible striking defense from JDS. Did he even attempt to block one punch? I was impressed he made it to the end, but he looked like Frankenstein out there.

Yes. His cardio was so fucked two minutes in that I'm amazed he wasn't finished. Thankfully, Cain doesn't hit very hard. It also doesn't help that JDS has a good chin.

mma-ufc155-jpg_053742.jpg

Soft as expensive toilet paper, eh?

it was a profound adrenaline dump. After that, it was all heart.

He faced adversity loke never before. He lost the fight, but Cain never "broke" him.

Yeah, getting absolutely manhandled for 25 minutes is kinda disappointing.

A lot of guys calling him a warrior and singing his praises for lasting 5 rounds with Cain.

For me he was very disappointing this fight. He did good the first 3 minutes. Had good TDD and was able to defend Cain's attacks.

But then his cardio went. For me that is somewhat inexcusable. I know Cain is a relentless beast but JDS knew he was going in for potentially 5 rounds against a guy like Cain why was he not better prepared in his cardio and gameplan?

I just don't feel like JDS was as game as people are making out. Cain is a monster and made it really hard for JDS so I believe that plays a huge part in how bad JDS looked but for me JDS did not meet his potential in this fight.

I wasnt shocked at all about the terrible performance of JDS. He has always had terrible defense and Cain exploited that. The brawler JDS depends upon the haymaker which doesnt work all the time like he thought it does.

The ground game of JDS really showed itself to be horrible and he couldnt do hardly anything there at all.

JDS is just very one dimensional which I have been saying for a long time.

You obviously have never been in a tough fight before. Adrenaline dump and the likes is a very real thing, it can completely paralyze you and drain everything.

Personally, i thought JDS looked bad from the get go, i think the moment overwhelmed him. I was looking at some of his counter hooks early and they were miles from target, which is very odd from such a good boxer. I think he was just way more relaxed before the last fight.

JDS has huge heart standing up and actually trying to fight back in the third and the forth.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back