Did anyone else pay $20 to watch Glory?

JWP

Blue Belt
Professional Fighter
Reaction score
Excited for the event I paid the $20 2 hours before the show started so I wouldn't miss the action. Once the live stream started it would stop and buffer every 10 seconds, rewind it self every 30 seconds then skip forward a minute.
I tried to wait for it to clear but it only got worse. After the Ghita fight I seen someone posted a link to a free site to watch the event, and the stream was perfect.
I tried to do the right thing helping out the promotion paying for the event, but feel ripped off for paying $20 when there was 10 different sites you could of watched it for free, or is it just me?

Well you definitely got ripped off if you payed $20 for a stream that didn't work properly

To say though that you feel ripped off because you payed money to watch something that was free on other sites... well... every event is free on some site

In this case though, for an event that wasn't pay-per-view, and televised for free, I'd feel ripped off as well

I've always streamed the Glory events after the fact and not live and the stream was perfect, but never live so I can't speak on that. Paying $20 for a choppy stream isn't the business.

Whoever is in charge of the streaming better watch their back!

Exact same thing happened with me. The stream would pause then buffer, then fast forward to catch up, then pause again, it was so annoying.

I ended up getting a link to a perfect stream from someone even though i paid for the event.

Well you definitely got ripped off if you payed $20 for a stream that didn't work properly

To say though that you feel ripped off because you payed money to watch something that was free on other sites... well... every event is free on some site

In this case though, for an event that wasn't pay-per-view, and televised for free, I'd feel ripped off as well

Many UFC PPV's are televised free in the UK and Europe. Should North American fans feel ripped off?

live events?

Yep. They're on ESPN in the UK. I may or may not have personal experience that many of the illegal live streams use that channel. And regardless of whether I do or do not have said experience, this post in no way encourages anyone to find this information for themselves as said streaming is illegal and against forum policy.

It was free on Spike...

JWP's in Australia. I don't believe they get Spike down under.

I've had issues when I've ordered Glory PPVs live, not as bad as JWP describes, but the quality was always pretty mediocre and it would have to buffer at some inconvenient times.

Yep. They're on ESPN in the UK. I may or may not have personal experience that many of the illegal live streams use that channel. And regardless of whether I do or do not have said experience, this post in no way encourages anyone to find this information for themselves as said streaming is illegal and against forum policy.

JWP's in Australia. I don't believe they get Spike down under.

Its on TB Sport right now in the UK, which bought out the name to ESPN UK recently.

Anyways, the whole PPV concept have always been a sole American/Canadian business model. It did eventually make its way to Britain, Australia, and to a lesser degree Japan. But even then most boxing/fight events are on free or subscription channels in the UK. As far as every other country on the planet is concerned, sports and fight-sports have always been on free TV. Promoters just want to see which markets are gullible enough to pay top dollar for events.

Another thing to take into consideration is wealth disparity between countries, so obviously people in third-world countries will never be able to afford PPV's in the same price range as sold in the US. But people in Europe/UK can, but even they're not gullible enough to do so. So they'll pay a minimum subscription fee and watch all the unlimited boxing, mma, they want on BoxNation or TBsports. Only suckers in the US/Canada continue to pay $50 for a UFC event.

P.S. "Intellectual Property" is a fraud, and all copyrights and patents are just laws enforced by the State at the barrel of a gun. It is better off being called "Intellectual Monopoly" or simply Neo-feudalism. Resources on the topic of I.P. available at: http://www.lewrockwell.com/lrc-blog/intellectual-property-resources/

Last edited:
I downloaded it for free 99 just like I do for all PPV events. ITs really nice living in a country where zero F%#$s are given about copyright laws.

Paid a few times for live streams and they never worked properly. So I'm not gonna do that anytime soon again, which is a shame.

Once the live stream started it would stop and buffer every 10 seconds, rewind it self every 30 seconds then skip forward a minute.
I tried to wait for it to clear but it only got worse.

The exact same thing happened to me. And I'm actually glad you posted about it as I thought it was my connection that was screwing up.
Thankfully I pay the $30 monthly subscription fee so I can watch the fights after the event on their website (they're supposed to upload them by the end of this week), but I'd feel robbed if I'd paid the ppv fee just for that event and the stream was like that.

Because the stream was shit and the videos are not up yet on their website, I have to admit I've downloaded the whole event for free from a certain source. Considering the stream wasn't working properly and I invest in Glory by paying their monthly fee, I don't feel bad about it.

it's better for them to give free events to countries like Poland ,Germany and other in EU than make some cheap PPVs nobody would buy ,don't cry because you would never wake up 4 hours after midnight to just watch MMA.

I wonder why Glory stream was so shitty :/

Bellator has perfect prelims stream

UFC has perfect FB stream in HD with 0 laggs and milions of people watching.

and Glory can't do it?

don't cry because you would never wake up 4 hours after midnight to just watch MMA.

the events are broadcasted live on UK TV, I stay up to watch them :) quite annoying though to stay up all night for it.

Paid a few times for live streams and they never worked properly. So I'm not gonna do that anytime soon again, which is a shame.

I've definitely had the same experience.

Some time ago I ditched cable TV all together, and decided to just use things like Hulu or other stream sites. I was worried I was going to miss out on a lot of different combat sport events and seeing them in good quality. There have been a handful events I tried to legally purchase, and each time the quality of the stream was worse than the plentiful amount of free sites out there hosting them.

the events are broadcasted live on UK TV, I stay up to watch them :) quite annoying though to stay up all night for it.

i know but it's free right? you wouldn't wake up to watch UFC for 50 $.

I'm saying that Americans would never wake up to watch some UFC event for example in japan 4 hours after Midnight

Glory, ONE FC, max muay thai are on my stream blacklist.
God bless Invicta for their cheap and great stream.

Back