Did anyone change Woodley-Till pick after weigh ins?

OzoneX

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Before, I thought Woodley would do enough for a UD, maybe get a takedown if he was being outstruck.

He still might do that, but now I'm thinking Till definitely wants it more. He made a point by hitting 169. Woodley looked ok, but maybe he had a difficult weight cut and thus came in at 171 at first. Hard to say for sure.

But Woodley also did that weird monologue in the tub. Looked like he might be dealing with a few self-belief issues. Dude's never fought anyone as big as Till. He's also talking about just throwing leather if his gameplan doesn't work (more doubt?) Which is something he hasn't done in quite a few fights.

In any case, at 25 years old Till is in a better position to deal with a hard cut. Woodley is much older.

With the height and reach advantage, I think Till finishes Woodley sooner or later.

Shitty weight cut or not, it only takes one shot for Woodley to put people away. Kinda similar to how Conor was a skeleton at 194 and Aldo looked fresh, then it only took one.

Till's fuckin huge though so Idk who wins this

Last edited:
Before, I thought Woodley would do enough for a UD, maybe get a takedown if he was being outstruck.

He still might do that, but now I'm thinking Till definitely wants it more. He made a point by hitting 169. Woodley looked ok, but maybe he had a difficult weight cut and thus came in at 171 at first. Hard to say for sure.

But Woodley also did that weird monologue in the tub. Looked like he might be dealing with a few self-belief issues. Dude's never fought anyone as big as Till. He's also talking about just throwing leather if his gameplan doesn't work (more doubt?) Which is something he hasn't done in quite a few fights.

In any case, at 25 years old Till is in a better position to deal with a hard cut. Woodley is much older.

With the height and reach advantage, I think Till finishes Woodley sooner or later.

you have some fight analysis (size, reach, age) in this post, but most of it is, let's call it "other". so out of curiosity, how much would you say you base your calls on fight analysis vs how much you base it on things like "hitting 169", "weird monologue in the tub", "might be dealing with a few self-belief issues" (btw, i'm really curious how you came up with this one)?

Jimmy The Greek used to move American Football betting lines because he had (or convinced people he had) inside information about the physical and mental health of certain players, several days before game day. specifically, injuries that kept some players out of the game. so i'm not completely discounting non-fight-analysis analysis. OTOH, your "inside information" (e.g. weight-in's and hot tub youtube videos) is not exactly the the same caliber as Jimmy's....

It doesn't change my choice. I still think Till will win this in the 4th round.

Shitty weight cut or not, it only takes one shot for Woodley to put people away. Kinda similar to how Conor was a skeleton at 194 and Aldo looked fresh, then it only took one.
I think Conor had reach on Aldo. Till has that advantage here. Plus, no disrespect to Aldo, but I think Conor had him beat before they entered the Octogon.

I was saying this since yesterday. Till looking thinner earlier this week and complaining about food meant he was taking this seriously and coming in lighter than usual. He probably had a super strict diet that he isn't used to, hence all the bitching.

Till is going to embarrass Woodley the same way Rory did.

Still giving Woodley the slight edge. Not sure who I wanna root for though.

I think Till will come out strong and if he's going to win this he'll do it in the early rounds. Overall I think Woodley will weather an early storm and win late in the fight or perhaps by UD.

Woodley didnt look bad at the weigh-in imo, Tiill was rocking some WW Rumble but he actually made weight by an extra pound, could be 170 on both sides tho, dude with the scale was fucked up, they changed Zabit's results ffs.

I dont think cutting to 169 was a good choice. Woodley has been fighting very smart at this point in his career and i dont think Till will get him out of there early. Both fighters looked drained. But Till looked especially weak in the upperbody. Its gonna be a matter of endurance and gameplaning. Woodley by TKO

Back