Did anybody read Fedor's book about fighting?

kikikhan

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'd like to know about it a bit.

I haven't read it.

I need to get it though.

I own it. What do you want to know about it?

I used to have it. I really enjoyed the grappling portions because he lays out the instructions for each move as a series of steps, but every other step is to punch the guy in the face to make the next step easier.

I used to have it. I really enjoyed the grappling portions because he lays out the instructions for each move as a series of steps, but every other step is to punch the guy in the face to make the next step easier.

How about his stance about closed guard and leg takedowns.

i bought it as soon as it came out.Its mostly illustrations of techniques and he does mention in what fights he has used them. I mean,its for diehard fedor maniax or people who train. Otherwise there is not so much to read,its more of a book on techniques.

It's really a collection of techniques Fedor used in his career that worked. There is like a couple page biography, and the rest of the book are a series of techniques. No "holistic" approach though, just the basic techniques.

Would've been nice on how to punch to clinch to throw, but it was just "this is punching and countering and variations on techniques". Next section, "this is how to throw someone." Sure there is a little "why where when", but not much.

Thanks guys.

Does anybidy have a suggestion where I can buy this book?

It has not only throws and ground tech but also standup stuff. Combos for attacking and countering. Throws from the clinch are nice.

It is a about lead step-in uppercut and how it is a great counter to a right jab/cross.

Thank you. That's all I needed to know.

I would imagine it reads like the book of five rings.

Maintain a straight line of vision, while seeing everything.

When striking, strike through your opponent.

Armbar not merely his arm, but his abilities. Then victory is assured.

What does the book say about the closed guard and leg takedowns?

What does the book say about the closed guard and leg takedowns?

Armbar, Kimura... usual stuff. If you've done any grappling, nothing really new. I learned a few things from it, but it's really just the basics. The beauty of Fedors game (Mid career) was his transitioning. This was somewhat lacking in detail. But it's only a couple hundred pages long. Should've been made in a series and over 1000 pages.

I'd recommend it if you haven't trained much (over a year or two) or just want it. But if you've done any type of training for more than a year, I'd expect you to learn very little.

i have his book. lots of great info on illustrated techniques. if you want to laugh your ass off read forrest griffin's book which is more bio/ philosophic type. im not much of a reader but actually enjoyed reading forrest's book from beginning to end. you'll like it. it's diiferent.

I'd like to know about it a bit.

I haven't read it.

I need to get it though.

Nah, thousands of pages of mercilessly beating and ragdolling poor Kirill into a pulp is too unbearable to go through.

Back