Did anybody know how good DC was, before he steamrolled BF?

mommas homeboy

Women with dicks are women too!
Reaction score
I thought his inclusion in the SF HW tournament was a complete joke at the time. Now, I see what a fool I was. Even though he'll lose eventually and haters will claim he was exposed, 95% of mma fans realize he's the real deal.

So, how early on were you sold?

I didn't. But I picked him against Barnett. I still fail to see what everyone sees in Barnett.

I noticed him after the Monson fight but didn't give it much thought. That is until he destroyed BF.....

When he beat Tony Johnson and Soa.

He had a lot of hype out of the gate. I kept being surprised by his wins since he didn't look impressive at all early. He seemed fat and sluggish and had poor cardio and they were selling him as this guy with a ridiculous wrestling pedigree but he looked like he had never seen the inside of a gym. I realized he was probably going to be something when he KO'd Antonio Silva - I'm still not sure how good he is going to be at 205. It is a really different division and he's only fought a short notice replacement and 43 year old Dan Henderson who weighed in at 199 for their fight.

he impressed me from the first time i saw him, but i think that the monson fight is where things were really shown to be coming together and workable against skilled and veteran fighters

He wrecked a huge parlay for me when he slaughtered BF. That's when I realized he was a beast and I haven't bet against him since

I thought his inclusion in the SF HW tournament was a complete joke at the time. Now, I see what a fool I was. Even though he'll lose eventually and haters will claim he was exposed, 95% of mma fans realize he's the real deal.

I was sold pretty much day one. The key is to focus on the manner of victory or defeat and not the outcome and you will rarely miss true talents like Jon Jones, DC, Jacare, Machida, etc.

He had a lot of hype out of the gate. I kept being surprised by his wins since he didn't look impressive at all early. He seemed fat and sluggish and had poor cardio and they were selling him as this guy with a ridiculous wrestling pedigree but he looked like he had never seen the inside of a gym. I realized he was probably going to be something when he KO'd Antonio Silva - I'm still not sure how good he is going to be at 205. It is a really different division and he's only fought a short notice replacement and 43 year old Dan Henderson who weighed in at 199 for their fight.

Well, Hendo was off TRT so that explains his weight. Either way, he beats Hendo at any stage in his TRT career. But his roster is pretty incredible. Most guys would have lost at least once when facing the line-up he's faced.

I thought he had decent skills when he won the Soa Paleilei fight but ididn't expect him to crush bigfoot.

I agree man, I honestly thought it was an embarrassment for SF that, that's all they could find to fill in the HW tourney, figured it was a joke fight and just goig to make BF look amazing. it was pretty awesome to watch it all go down when it did

some good wins....but some very favorable match ups since the UFC...

I don't think anyone could tell it prior to that fight, for the reason that he was developping exponentially back then especially his striking.
Many saw him having a big potential but no one imagined he could be so dominant so fast, and pick up striking of this quality so fast.
Not to mention, probably because of technical flaws, he hadn't shown such KO power until he faced BF...

I know he was good when he beat Barnett

The problem was I'd say that we really only had the Monson fight to judge him on and Monson does have a tendency to make his opponents look bad.

Cain did, he said to himself I better make my run now before the ufc signs this guy...
J.k. :icon_chee. But I really had no idea he would be this good. like some others had said D.C. looked pretty raw back then (except wrestling) & even some times now. D.C. is game & has maid a believer out of me!

Well, checking my records:

I had Cormier ranked 12 before he beat Bigfoot, so I guess I did.

Opps, that`s made a believer out of me! But I guess I could be his gym maid also...

Back