Did anybody else think Colton-Ricci was a pretty entertaining fight?

It was a decent fight. It wasn't an all out war, but it showed how dominant Colton's wrestling is. He was going for finishes and didn't just lay there.

I didn't find it entertaining, probably mostly because I was rooting for Ricci. I assume that if I liked Colton I probably would have enjoyed the fight a bit more.

If he was a Marine he would have gotten the finish. Colton showed that he will get destroyed by a good striker with tdd.

I agree. Shit i think amir sadollah would beat him

not at all! it was the worst fight of the night.

In a card full of finishes, why do you think a lay n' pray fest was entertaining?

i didn't mind so much that it was a grappling match, it just wasn't competitive enough to be exciting IMO. both guys fought hard. the best guy clearly won. I hope that they both do well in the UFC although I have my doubts. Colton's not going to be able to out wrestle everyone and he doesn't seem to have any other tools right now. Ricci will be more interesting at 155

It was okay because ricci tried hard to get out and colton was always trying to advance.

More on the boring side, then entertaining. Neither stands a chance in UFC. See them vanish from UFC in a couple of fights.

I thought it was quite entertaining. Watching Colton neutralize Ricci's striking, drag him down to the ground and pretty much break Ricci's will. It was a gruelling match. I suppose most people don't appreciate grappling that much but it's MMA and yet they still watch it and bitch about it. Why not just watch boxing or kickboxing if striking is all you're looking for. I don't get this logic.

It was a dynamic match and not really like a lay and pray reminiscent of Jon Fitch. At the very least Colton was actively looking for a submission albeit the same choke all over again.

Back