Did anybody else think Colton-Ricci was a pretty entertaining fight?

Years of internet-level respect have just collapsed.

What exactly do you disagree with? Loads of people have said Colton just "lay and prayed". Loads of people said Colton didn't do anything. He completely positionally dominated Ricci. He passed guard, he got to side, he had his back, he got mount, etc. He kept the pace high and completely broke Ricci. The only reason it wouldn't be entertaining to some is due to Ricci's lack of competitiveness, not because of Colton. Most sherdoggers are too stupid to recognize this.

I'll say this, Colton would not give Ricci any breathing room. He was on him 24/7. That said Colton will get his ass handed to him once he cant get a takedown. The entire fight he wouldn't throw punches just wait and wait for a chance to shoot.

That fight was an entertaining as watching old people fucking.

Colton's wrestling prowess is undeniable, but the frustrating thing for me was watching his submission attempts - I couldn't decide whether he was just going for "position before submission" or whether he really just needs to work on basic things like rear naked choke. Granted, Ricci was putting up a fight on the ground, but Colton didn't seem too committed to finishing any of his sub attempts, and did not even attempt any appreciable ground-and-pound.

The whole fight (including the Hail Mary sub attempt in the 3rd by Ricci) reminded me of Escudero-Nover - a slightly bigger wrestler dominating a flashy striker (if I remember correctly, Nover rolled for an omoplata late in the 3rd and had Rogan going bonkers). It would be sad and a waste of time if Colton and Ricci wound up like their Season 9 counterparts.

Colton's wrestling prowess is undeniable, but the frustrating thing for me was watching his submission attempts - I couldn't decide whether he was just going for "position before submission" or whether he really just needs to work on basic things like rear naked choke. Granted, Ricci was putting up a fight on the ground, but Colton didn't seem too committed to finishing any of his sub attempts, and did not even attempt any appreciable ground-and-pound.

The whole fight (including the Hail Mary sub attempt in the 3rd by Ricci) reminded me of Escudero-Nover - a slightly bigger wrestler dominating a flashy striker (if I remember correctly, Nover rolled for an omoplata late in the 3rd and had Rogan going bonkers). It would be sad and a waste of time if Colton and Ricci wound up like their Season 9 counterparts.

Nover must be one if the biggest disappointments to ever come out of TUF. Didn't Dana even say he reminded him of GSP at some point? I wonder what happened...

that fight made me not want to see either of them fight again ...

it was entertaining only because ricci has such an annoying personality but even with the best training partners in the world still got "served".

It was "exciting" in any classical sense though.

This will force Ricci to learn tdd so he can bang again.

It ended up being a stalemate between position control and submission defense, so yeah, a little boring.

It wasn't as bad as the haters tried to claim. I just think there were people butt hurt because they thought that Colton didn't have a chance and that was a very dominate win.

What I don't get about the hate on these guys, especially Colton, is that these TUF guys aren't supposed to be awesome. They are supposed to be up and coming talent right? I wouldn't expect a guy to have top notch BJJ and sub people left and right.

Ricci was probably very good and defending submissions b/c of his experience at TriStar, and Colton was probably very green and submitting people. He also didn't want to take a chance b/c this was a very important fight for him to win TUF.

i found it entertaining. coltons tenacity was impressive.

It was boring to me, Ricci couldn't make it into a fight and Colton wasn't doing anything to finish. I'm just tired of the back-riding that's become commonplace in TUF fights.

I don't think this Ricci fellow will amount to much and with his attitude I can't say it's a bad thing. So it was a bit entertaining watching him get worked over.

No, I don't like him, I don't like his style. Another lay and prayer is just what we need in the UFC, like we don't have enough Fitch and Koscheks. The crowd was booing and they rightly deserve to do so.
I don't think hes much of a sportsman either, especially his fight to get into the house, when the fighters touched gloves, he tried to kick his opponent before it was even completed, that was a dirty move.
I got nothing against the marines, but I don't like him spouting how 'THIS IS EASY, COMPARED TO WHAT WE DO OUT THERE, THIS IS EASY'... I find it a bit disrespectful to a lot of great fighters.
Lets see how easy it gets for him when he starts facing some decent sized WWs in UFC with TDD.

Back