Did anybody else think Colton-Ricci was a pretty entertaining fight?

Just Jared

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I only just got the chance to watch it a few hours ago and I was expecting it to be terrible since I'd read so much hate. I actually enjoyed it and think that Colton could potentially be in some really exciting fights, just because of how relentless he is.

Colton went at it really hard and I respect his tenacity and the commitment he had to his gameplan. He knows what he's good at it and he pursues it relentlessly, didn't fuck around at all. He seems to be tough and have a lot of heart. He had some impressive takedowns as well.

I thought it was disappointing that he could have a guy's back for such a long period of time and be unable to finish (I would have liked to see him go for neck cranks like Aoki, or just risk it and go for some armbars, at least late in the rounds, rather than casually pursuing a RNC that he just wasn't going to get) and I'm unsure how well he'll do in the UFC now that he's there, but he definitely seems game and I usually like seeing an underdog pull off the upset. To pull of the win with little experience and such an obviously limited skillset definitely impressed me, though.

The crowd seemed to enjoy the fight for the most part, too, aside from some boos in the third round when things started to slow down a fair bit. Ricci's comeback attempt right at the end was exciting, though.

What's with all the hate? I thought it was pretty good. The card as a whole was a lot of fun.

Colton did well. He showed what a true American Soldier can accomplish against Canada in the Octagon.

I thought it was pretty boring. I mean it was just rnc attempt after another. Colton should have tried something else after the 8th attempt.

Colton did well. He showed what a true American Soldier can accomplish against Canada in the Octagon.

If he was a Marine he would have gotten the finish. Colton showed that he will get destroyed by a good striker with tdd.

I didn't think it was as bad as a lot of people seemed to, but it wasn't exactly fireworks, either.

i was realy pulling for ricci so its hard to answer that question w/o bias. so i guess ill answer it with bias lol : NO

I wouldn't go as far as calling it entertaining...

Ricci couldnt get up...Colton couldnt finish or do damage. Ricci needs to work on his clinch it seems and Colton needs to work on everything but his wrestling.

It was kinda frustrating to watch. not horrible, just annoying.

It was bad because Ricci decided not to show up, and let Smith do what he wanted to him.

it was the most boring fight of the night imo

Dude hugged Ricci's leg and didnt let go until he got the takedown

I didnt know who either guy was, i dont watch TUF

Fight was beyond boring IMO, after the first minute I knew Colton was a Fitch type fighter that looks for a TD for 15 min, dude isnt going to last long in the UFC,

Im not a fan of Colton but I gotta give him props for winning. I was cheering for Ricci so it was a pretty annoying fight to watch.

most tuf finale fights are memorable or at least entertaining where both guys fight like they have nothing to lose. This one wasn't a bad fight but it definitely wasn't good. Only time it really held my interest was when ricci went for the sub at the end

it was a fine fight. sherdog is just retarded.

It was alright. It says a lot about a guys finishing ability though when he rides back control for like 13 minutes and doesn't get the finish

Ricci couldnt get up...Colton couldnt finish or do damage. Ricci needs to work on his clinch it seems and Colton needs to work on everything but his wrestling.

It was kinda frustrating to watch. not horrible, just annoying.

Agreed. Colton did no damage but Ricci disappointed me. Colton did what was expected from him. Ricci knew what was coming and couldn

The tenacious grappling and control from Colton was impressive. So was Ricci's poise while constantly defending the RNC. But "entertaining" is not a word I would use to describe the fight.

Back