Did any Sherdogger actually fought?

2 amateur fights, not sure when I'll fight again. Biggest fear is incompetent refs.
I hear that. You need to trust your corner and have an agreement that they'll throw the towel to save you from unnecessary brain damage.

I don't think corners stop fights often enough--they know when their guy is overmatched and the fight is over but don't seem to care about the long-term impact on their careers.

The only thing a Sherdogger is fighting is the neverending wave of 10's trying to get his d.

They don’t have a super heavyweight division for me... 350 lbs with 2% body fat

Oh, and I only bang 10s

I've fought several amateur MMA bouts, but I've been known to say I'm a retired professional fighter after a few beers.

An amateur MMA fighter that wrestled at a cummunity college is pretty much the same as a pro fighter that was an NCAA champion as long as said amateur has a Sherdog account.

Yep, won some regional and state tournaments.

Stopped as a teenager when my parents moved into the middle of fucking nowhere. No gyms, nothing around for miles except some cows.

Was just getting into mma before we moved and I lived 20 mins from an ATT gym.

If I'd stayed there and if the ufc removed their stupid heavyweight limit you'd be talking with the undisputed heavyweight champion of the world right now.

Not sure what is worse:
You assuming my post was a lie just because you are a fat untrained bum
You being a fat untrained bum and doing nothing to change that
I was referring to the judges part lol

Someone got his emotions hurt.

I hear that. You need to trust your corner and have an agreement that they'll throw the towel to save you from unnecessary brain damage.

I don't think corners stop fights often enough--they know when their guy is overmatched and the fight is over but don't seem to care about the long-term impact on their careers.

Tbh I pick the people in my corner and trust them to stop the fight if neccessary.
Only one guy from my gym had to have coach throw in the towel cause he was looking to heel hook
his opponent, while the guy was raining shots down on him and shut his eye.

What I have a problem with is uneducated refs standing people up for 'inactivity' when they dont realise it takes time
and energy to get someone to the ground and pass his guard while avoiding being caught in a sub, and what energy preservation(picking your shots) means.

You think we all walk around at 6'6" and 265(all natty) pounds for nothing?

look at this pussy scared of just bleed refs smdh

I lost my first fight in under a minute because of a cut that wasn't that bad and also wasn't even blocking my vision.

They stop fight really quick at the amateur level a lot of times. That may be what he's talking about.
I get why they do it. They have to protect inexperienced fighters and you see some CRAZY mismatches at that level. I've seen a damn near 40 year old guy with no MMA training or background in any combat sport fight a kid that was a 3 time state champion wrestler.

Last edited:
2 amateur fights, not sure when I'll fight again. Biggest fear is incompetent refs.

I train 4x a week but I also lift 5 days a week and having trouble giving up bodybuilding. How long did you train until you felt ready for your fight and what was the feeling like?

Lmao just take a look at any "what are you eating/drinking for tonight's event" threads. Sherdog is filled with a bunch of fat asses who eat Doritos for breakfast and Cheetos for lunch <Lmaoo>
The real struggle is deciding whether I’m gonna drink regular Dew or Code Red with Breakfast Doritos.

I did 6 pro muay thai fights. None MMA.

But some fighters on this board have done pro MMA.

What's the requirement to get the professional fighter label? Will any pro martial arts fight do?

I train 4x a week but I also lift 5 days a week and having trouble giving up bodybuilding. How long did you train until you felt ready for your fight and what was the feeling like?
I trained an faught within 6 months stopped training still did fights ametuar isn't so bad man seen guys tap from just 0 cardio.

But I wish I coulda afforded training and faught for a living had to work and take care of family.

Some time you can get matched up with some d2 d1 guy but honestly they get submitted alot most just think they're gonna wrestle and have no jujitsu knowledge

But the guys I've seen do the best just went to straight mma gyms and the. Went to straight boxing gyms if you can afford it.

But if you can actually fight naturally and get some what grapple knowledge escapes and defending and posture.

You can do very good get sponsors ect.

I train 6 times a week and also lift 5 times a week. Don't give up on lifting but what I do is lift at about 11am and train at about 7pm. So make sure you space them out as much as you can.
Honestly, there were people taking fights about 6-7 months after they started training, but I was scared I was going to be matched up with someone that has trained for way longer and didn't want the ass whooping.
Eventually my coach convinced me to take a fight about a year in, I didn't really feel like it but I was like most people in my gym are fighting, so I'll fight (never do this, dont care what anyone else thinks of you)

It was short notice so I didn't have a lot of time to be scared.
But getting ready, I was putting on my gear slow asf cause I was realllly anxious about it, I knew this guy has fought before and I haven't, and this was something I was trying to avoid.

We're standing face to face, idk what the ref was saying cause I was too busy trying to look calm and collected, yet I wanted to puke so fucking bad.

Fight went how it went, kept taking his ass down and working gnp, trying to pass his guard, ref deemed I was inactive and stood us up 3 TIMES in the FIRST ROUND.
Ofc second round I shoot in but he locks up a guillotine and squeezes like his life depends on it. I get out but my neck feels like jello, something I had never felt before.
Manages to scramble out from underneath me, I shot in again, he took my back and locked up a rnc. I tried toughing it out but had to tap, ref let me tap for about 3 seconds until he intervened...

Second fight, eighteen months later (2 and a half years into training)
Fought a guy from the 1st dude's gym. Ofc I was anxious, but I convinced myself I trained like a mfer and knew I hit harder, faster, was stronger and probably better jits.
Ended up destroying the guy on the feet, man took me down but I half assed a triangle, didn't get it so I switched to an armbar. Boom, tap.

Long post but I have the entire day off and about 2 more hours before I hit the club so enjoy

If you (or anyone else) can get something out of this, NEVER fight until you feel like it. You will always be scared, but a little less when you know you've given it your all in preparation for the bout. Don't let anyone pressure you into fighting (Oh he's a pussy and shit like that)

Also, if you don't have to fight, if you've got an education, a nice job, if you're a smart put together guy, don't. just my 2 cents.

Back