Did any of you vote for these MMA awards? Or care for them?

Cosmahorio

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong but these awards are fan voted?

I just noticed Bisping received international fighter of the year ahead of Gus. That's mental. I'm a massive Bisping fan for the record.

Did any of you vote? And are these awards considered important in the industry?

Discuss any of the awards you agree or disagree with.

I did not vote in any of them, they do not mean anything to me, but if they're legit, they should mean something to those who received the nods.

I found the existence of about half the categories to be genuinely funny. Best leadman, best ring girl, best technical and lifestyle clothing and so on.

A buddy at work was reading some of them to me. I felt they didn't nominate a bunch of stuff that should of been there. For the record I thought damian's neck crank was best sub of the year.

I'm pretty sure these are the same awards that are televised. I watched previous recipients on YouTube ages ago. They lack credibility. I wonder what the fighters think of them.

I voted for Toto Ortiz as fighter of the year......did he win? Sarcasm rules.

vote? I'm shocked anyone even pays attention to them.

images

How the heck did Cesar's win gym of the year?

They went 0-2 in UFC title fights, Melendez barely scraped by Thompson, and Shields had a shit showing against Akiyama and then had his boring decision win over Herman changed to a NC after he pissed hot.

How the heck did Cesar's win gym of the year?

They went 0-2 in UFC title fights, Melendez barely scraped by Thompson, and Shields had a shit showing against Akiyama and then had his boring decision win over Herman changed to a NC after he pissed hot.

Yip, further testament to the credability of these awards.

Bisping getting international fighter over Gus, bull shite

The voting is from Sept to Sept.

Gus' win over Shogun isn't a part of it.

Bisping went 2-1 with the sole loss being to the #2 MW in a competitive decision.

Eh, not a big deal. At least Gus has a great head start for next year's consideration.

These kind of award are always subjective. Fans will support their favourite fighters no matter what, so it will be biased.

Back