Did Alvarez's chin skew the reality of McGregors striking?

When you watch the fight and look at the shots Alvarez got dropped by, Mcgregor lands clean and Eddie just drops to the floor. The thing is, we all have seen Eddie get dropped in every fight. I remember watching his fight against Shinya Aoki (skip to 3:24 - 3:55) and the announcers talk about how shaky his chin is in every fight. He even gets tagged twice by Aoki and has jelly legs for literally a microsecond...but recovers fast enough that it looks like nothing.

So my question is, we all know Conor hits hard and has great accuracy...but did Alvarez's tendency to get dropped due to his weak chin overrate Conor's power?

Dunno, how many times had Alvarez been finished by strikes before?

Conor dropped Nate 3 times
Dropped Alvarez like 5 times
His finish rate is in the 90% range. I think his power is proven.
not just the power. the accuracy of the shots he connects with is the key

Not at all. Most people would have been KO'd by that first knockdown.

When he lands that second left Eddies lights just went out and his head was wobbling but fair play to him he shook it off and got right back up. I bet thats the shot he was talking about when he said "wtf was that" in his interview.

He has accuracy and timing, if you don't see that left hand coming, you're going down.

Eddie has a bad chin but Conor has legit power. Only guys to take it are Diaz and Holloway.

Anybody that says Conor doesnt5hot hard is an absolute moron. I can't wait for Khabib to mop the floor with him but I highly doubt he'd be able to take many shots standing up.

It's amazing how the Conor haters refuse to admit he has done some amazing shit. If Conor's fans weren't as militant and he didn't talk as much shit people would act like he was the second coming of Christ.
Haha yeah he would like the second coming of Christ if his fans weren't so militant:

Shit talking game of Sonnen but he came thru on predicitions
Anti lay n pray
Matrix abilities of Andy
KO game of Tyson
Scrapping attitude of Cerrone/steps up/doesn't pull out
First fighter since BJ to facilitate super fights
Takes a loss as well as anyone

It's like everything that people wanted more of from MMA, or people wanted less of, or people just wished would happen, he did it all. But yeah, the fans (kinda like w/ Perry) make alot of people root against him, to see the train crash.

Not a fan of Conor but damn the accuracy of his shots, timing, power is just so unreal. If in his next fight you're going to bet against him....well good luck in that Mr GOAT haha
I will always bet against that clown McTapper.

#GUERNICAbless

Back