Did Alvarez's chin skew the reality of McGregors striking?

120wrestling

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
When you watch the fight and look at the shots Alvarez got dropped by, Mcgregor lands clean and Eddie just drops to the floor. The thing is, we all have seen Eddie get dropped in every fight. I remember watching his fight against Shinya Aoki (skip to 3:24 - 3:55) and the announcers talk about how shaky his chin is in every fight. He even gets tagged twice by Aoki and has jelly legs for literally a microsecond...but recovers fast enough that it looks like nothing.

So my question is, we all know Conor hits hard and has great accuracy...but did Alvarez's tendency to get dropped due to his weak chin overrate Conor's power?

Dude dropped Nate fricken diaz man.

He has legit power.

In my opinion as the DAMN GOAT of this DAMN site, I think that Eddie really shit the bed! He took McTapper lightly and paid for it. He gets hurt in every DAMN fight and he simply couldn't do that in this fight. I hope he feels like shit for losing, he let a lot of us down. And now we have to put up with McTapper untill one of those other 155 monsters wreck his ass.

#GUERNICAbless

Not at all. Most people would have been KO'd by that first knockdown.

Conor dropped Nate 3 times
Dropped Alvarez like 5 times
His finish rate is in the 90% range. I think his power is proven.

Has alvarez been knocked out prior to mcgregor?

But he had the power to put him away, that's the difference. Plenty of people hurt him but they haven't been able to finish. That's a feat on its own not even mentioning how easy Conor made it look.

Dude dropped Nate fricken diaz man.

He has legit power.

This comment needs more likes. Guy drops Nate Diaz 3x in one fight and people are questioning his power.

The same jackasses that claim Conor's leg kicks are shit are the same ones saying the only reason he dropped Nate was because the leg kicks made it hard for him to stand.

He KO'd freaking Jose Aldo in 13 seconds. Dude fell like a tree.

Seriously?

As much as I hate the bloke, he has a very powerful left shot and it comes piston fast

He KO'd freaking Jose Aldo in 13 seconds. Dude fell like a tree.

Seriously?

It's amazing how the Conor haters refuse to admit he has done some amazing shit. If Conor's fans weren't as militant and he didn't talk as much shit people would act like he was the second coming of Christ.

In my opinion as the DAMN GOAT of this DAMN site, I think that Eddie really shit the bed! He took McTapper lightly and paid for it. He gets hurt in every DAMN fight and he simply couldn't do that in this fight. I hope he feels like shit for losing, he let a lot of us down. And now we have to put up with McTapper untill one of those other 155 monsters wreck his ass.

#GUERNICAbless
But some posters incluiding you have said that McTapper is an easy fight for Eddie Alvarez. So, with a lightly training camp he should've been able to beat Conor MCTapper. Don't you think so Mr GOAT poster? @Guernica

Diaz's are not hard to drop or bloody up. They are hard to finish.

Diaz has not been dropped much at all.

Last two times before McGregor were once by Thomson and once by Henderson.

Gomi, Cerrone, RMac, RDA. All of those guys can hit. None dropped him.

Pretty sure Conor is responsible for more than half of all of the downs Nate has suffered in his career.

That's terrible commentating.

" Both guys very experienced, they have wins.........."

latest

Bleach sucks and so do you

Uncanny natural power. A few holes in his game but the power is legit.

Back