Did Aldo take Stephens’ soul?

TheSpider

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Jeremy Stephens claimed he was gonna take Jose Aldo’s soul before their fight. After getting KOd by Aldo, Stephens have gone 0-3 with 1 no contest

I think the eye poke incident from Yair fucked everything up

Meeeeeh he was a 31 year old featherweight .66% fighter with over 40 fights before that.Not much of a "soul" was remaining before Aldo...

Probably. I remember hearing Stephens contemplated suicide after the Aldo fight

Possibly. One of the biggest factors Stephens has always had going for him was confidence. He had Aldo in trouble early, and then just when things look good for him, vintage WEC Aldo appeared and finished him off, one of the only times he's ever been finished by strikes, too.

Stephens has always struck me for a bit of a head-case. It blows my mind how someone with his level of physicality and experience, along with training at a world-renowned camp like Alliance, just never seemed to be able to put it together enough to be a contender. Lightweight and featherweight are both insanely tough divisions, but Stephens should've been able to at least make it to a title-shot. He's kind of like Michael Johnson in a weird way.

This might be news to you but Stephen's has the most losses in UFC history. Aldo didn't help but the guy is simply below average

Conor took his soul with just 6 words.
<FookIsThatGuy>

images

Reactions: G10
Jeremy Stephens claimed he was gonna take Jose Aldo’s soul before their fight. After getting KOd by Aldo, Stephens have gone 0-3 with 1 no contest
Stephens showed a lot of heart and soul when he took a beating for 2 rounds from Rodriguez in the rematch, and then put it on Yair in the third round. I think it's the level of competition and age catching up to him. He's had a .500 record in the UFC for most of his tenure, so losing fights is not exactly a recent development in his career.

This might be news to you but Stephen's has the most losses in UFC history. Aldo didn't help but the guy is simply below average
He is not below average. Is he losing to average fighters? On his current skid he's lost to Kattar, Yair, Zabit, and Aldo- all top fighters. He's an above average fighter, just not top level.

Conor took Aldo's
Aldo's record since his fight with Conor is 4-5, with many thinking it should be 5-4, while fighting the best guys in the world at both featherweight and bantamweight.

Conor's is 3-3 (counting Mayweather, 3-4), with many thinking it should be 2-4, while fighting either cherry-picked opponents or undeserved title-shots.

Conor was the better man the night he fought Aldo, but Aldo's the true featherweight GOAT.

Back