Diaz's guard against GSP

Oh and I forgot. Diaz has no chance in the jits department because even if his jits is better, you guys are forgetting the grease. LOL sorry, had to

Diaz wont do much off his back, GSP top game is on point.... But I sure would enjoy Diaz to sub him though...

if Diaz uses his jits in an agressive manner from his back it will be a great fight, because he'll remain dangerous while GSP will have many openings to land vicious GnP.

If Nicks only controls GSP from his back to avoid taking damage and prevent GSP from improving his position, it could be a long night.

Nick's face will look like a pizza after this fight.

The thing with GSP is, he's not the best at anything, but he's the best at everything. Everybody thinks GSP has the best wrestling, but when anyone in his camp who is a wrestler is asked about his wrestling, they always qualify it with "he's the best at MMA wrestling"

It is only his ability in striking, and his combination of striking and wrestling that make him the best wrestler.

If he had a straight wrestling match, he would lose to a handful of WW's, but in an MMA fight he out wrestles them all.

The same goes for his Jiu Jitsu. If he had a straight Jiu Jitsu match with Penn, Serra, Diaz, he probably loses to all of them. But he passes Penn's guard for fun, he out grapples Fitch, he outstrikes Alves because he does everything better.

Diaz's jiu jitsu is probably better than GSP's. But, when you combine GSP's wrestling and GnP, I fully expect GSP's MMA jiu jitsu to be more affective than Diaz.

if Diaz uses his jits in an agressive manner from his back it will be a great fight, because he'll remain dangerous while GSP will have many openings to land vicious GnP.

If Nicks only controls GSP from his back to avoid taking damage and prevent GSP from improving his position, it could be a long night.

Nick's face will look like a pizza after this fight.

I'm a GSP fan and think he'll win this fight rather easily. But I've never seen any vicious GNP from GSP

The thing with GSP is, he's not the best at anything, but he's the best at everything. Everybody thinks GSP has the best wrestling, but when anyone in his camp who is a wrestler is asked about his wrestling, they always qualify it with "he's the best at MMA wrestling"

It is only his ability in striking, and his combination of striking and wrestling that make him the best wrestler.

If he had a straight wrestling match, he would lose to a handful of WW's, but in an MMA fight he out wrestles them all.

The same goes for his Jiu Jitsu. If he had a straight Jiu Jitsu match with Penn, Serra, Diaz, he probably loses to all of them. But he passes Penn's guard for fun, he out grapples Fitch, he outstrikes Alves because he does everything better.

Diaz's jiu jitsu is probably better than GSP's. But, when you combine GSP's wrestling and GnP, I fully expect GSP's MMA jiu jitsu to be more affective than Diaz.

yep

The pace at which GSP fights will be too much for Diaz to utilize effective BJJ. Georges top game is very strong.

Good post, I wish more posters would use objective critical analysis

It will look alot like Bendo/Nate, maybe GSP wont GnP him as much but GSPs gameplan would be to move jab and kick then clinch, takedown and GnP. I see Nick having a few good sub/sweep attempts but he will get smashed.

Very bad matchup for Nick.

Nick off his back is pretty overrated.

He'll have nothing for GSP, complain about wrestlers, and retire again

I just cant see Diaz submitting GSP from his back. Imo i think his best chance is to work the sweep and do damage from top, though GSP's top game is soo gud I dont see him getting swept either.

Im a fan of Diaz'z balls to the wall style but I just cant see him winning this fight.

I think it will be an interesting battle on the ground, my head says that GSP's top control will ultimately prevail over Diaz' active guard but I dont think he will be able to do a lot of damage as other posters have suggested. I think it will consist of scrambles, sweeps and sub attempts-everything we've come to expect from Diaz ground game. It's likely though George will be able to maintain position and remain active enough to nullify Diaz, but George will have his hands full and we will see his closest ground fight to date(IMO)

I'm a GSP fan and think he'll win this fight rather easily. But I've never seen any vicious GNP from GSP

Maybe you want to go watch the Sherk fight, Serra II, or the Battle of Champions for a few quick refreshers?

A prime BJ had nothing for GSP on the ground.

These threads make me weep for humanity.

I think it will be an interesting battle on the ground, my head says that GSP's top control will ultimately prevail over Diaz' active guard but I dont think he will be able to do a lot of damage as other posters have suggested. I think it will consist of scrambles, sweeps and sub attempts-everything we've come to expect from Diaz ground game. It's likely though George will be able to maintain position and remain active enough to nullify Diaz, but George will have his hands full and we will see his closest ground fight to date(IMO)

10/10

No post needed from me.

Sad when you know gsp can only wrestlefuck. All his nuthuggers keep talkin bout "gsp has cardio" or only talks of gsps wrestlefucking ways. He has "cardio" because all he does is lay on you for like 23 mins, that's the only way he wins, by boring wrestlefuck. Yawn. And the condit fight was exciting for only like 2 mins, when gsp almost got ktfo. Rest of the match was boring wrestlefuck. Boom

Then maybe you should rethink about the way you perceive the word VICIOUS.

Making Penn QUIT with GnP, finishing Serra with knees to the body like he did, and also, vs Condit GSP displayed some pretty good GnP.

Maybe you should have more realistic expectations from Gsp instead of wanting him to recreate the effect of a chainsaw through the head from each and every punches he throws...

Back