Diaz will school McGregor

It's insane to me that people are picking Diaz to win. You can want Diaz to win. You can think he has a chance (sub most probable). But to actually attribute him to have over a 50% chance of winning is mind-blowing.

It's insane to me that people are picking Diaz to win. You can want Diaz to win. You can think he has a chance (sub most probable). But to actually attribute him to have over a 50% chance of winning is mind-blowing.
Nate has excellent boxing skills and angles and a reach advantage. He is also a lefty. It is a much more even fight on the feet than you may think. It will be hard for Conor to get a KO, and he is going to eat some shots. The ground game is all Nates. So yeah, I would give him a bit more than 50% chance of winning.

This is the 40th "calling it first" thread.

Bravo.

As bad as I want to I just can't see Nate winning this.

Height and Reach Advantage - true but how much does this matter
Superior on the ground - true but 90% sure it won't be relevant in this fight
Same/Better Cardio - Diaz has better cardio but won't matter if the fight ends within 10mins
Boxing is on par - mmmm idk maybe but McGregor has more than just boxing and is a faster and stronger puncher

I would like to see Diaz win but I don't see it happening.

I think everyone is blinded by Conor's recent momentum against midgets. He isn't going to get an easy KO and he isn't going to be able to avoid all damage, I don't care how many pool noodle games he's been playing with Ido in the last week.

He's in for a war. A war with a rangy, extremely tough, high volume, nearly inexhaustible striker that won't be susceptible to head games.

He didn't have a camp for that war, he had a camp for a totally different fighter so if he put together a kicking range sort of game plan has he had enough time to perfect it?

Meanwhile everyone gIves Nate shit for not having had a long camp, but he's stayed in shape and let's just say the Diaz Bros aren't huge on game planning so it's not as big of a deal as people make it out to be.

When Conor's fight ending uppercut he is visualizing doesn't land or doesn't phase nate multiple multiple attempts, is he going to get frustrated his law of attraction isn't giving him the easy win it did against Aldo?

I feel like Conor's kicks can be what helps him the most. I haven't really seen many mention Nate's judo throws which I can see coming into play.

Also Conor's talk seems to get to most but it won't Nate because almost need to be mad and he always talks.

I'm ready to see how Conor's power translates to bigger opponents and it will be even more interesting if Diaz isn't cutting much weight.

Calling it here first:
Height and Reach Advantage
Superior on the ground
Same/Better Cardio
Boxing is on par
Conor will mentally break in the cage, when his pressure counter punch/kick style wont work, he is dead in the water if this goes to the ground

No, I have nothing against Conor and enjoy his fights alot. Just have this feeling in my gut, im probably going to bet.
Not first, but I definitely am with you on this. Been saying this since the fight was announced. Diaz TKO rd 2.

Watch Diaz vs thompson to see how diaz does against a fighter who has good movement and decent kicks.

Last edited:
Watch Diaz vs thompson to see how diaz does against a fight who has good movement and decent kicks.
Watch Conor vs Mendes and see how Conor gets tagged by a wrestler with T rex arms.

Watch Conor vs Mendes and see how Conor gets tagged by a wrestler with T rex arms.

It's a good thing that Diaz isn't a wrestler with T-Rex arms then. If he was, then maybe I'd be worried for conor.

More worried about Conor's kicking game than his boxing in this, Nate and Nick are stubborn when it comes to dealing with kicks at times but in his last fight against a southpaw Nate checked them really well most of the times.

I see Diaz's jab touching Conor's face with the frequency.

Back