Diaz Vs McGregor, real talk.

devious1

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Loads of threads regarding this fight, acknowledged. Most of the stuff posted regarding this fight is mainly based on hate and bias.

With all your mma knowledge, genuinely, how do you see this one going?

Is Diaz just too big and well rounded for McGregor? Or is a fully focused McGregor training specifically for Diaz this time around a different animal?

The bookies are making McGregor favourite again just like last time, Diaz is a much shorter price this time around but it baffles me he isn't the favourite.

What are your thoughts?

The bookies aren't making him the favorite, his geek fans putting money on him are. And God bless their hearts.

I picked McGregor to win the first fight, but obviously the first fight had something of an impact on my perception of how they match up. I still think McGregor has a chance to score a knockout in the first few minutes of the fight, but it's not the most likely result and I don't see another clear path to vict-ory for Conor unless he has developed a high level grappling game in a short amount of time. The main factor I see in this fight is that McGregor has to work hard to land his shots, and Nate's pace forces him to match his output lest he gets overwhelmed and the fight turns into a classic Diaz affair.

McGregor by head clean off of course.

Glad you made this thread because all the 4.999 other threads about that were not really real

Glad you made this thread because all the 4.999 other threads about that were not really real
giphy.gif

the-straight-dope-logo.png

McGregor gets beat again. You heard it here 1st TS.

Let's get this straight, Conor didn't lose to Nate Diaz, he lost to himself, his ego.

Conor was absolutely schooling Diaz on the feet, bloodied his face all up and everything, but in the heat of the moment, he made a fatal error. He wanted to make a statement and try and beat Diaz at his own game by taking him down, instead, he paid dearly.

I guarantee you, given he's able to keep himself in check, Conor will either KO Diaz or walk away with a lopsided decision victory.

I picked McGregor to win the first fight, but obviously the first fight had something of an impact on my perception of how they match up. I still think McGregor has a chance to score a knockout in the first few minutes of the fight, but it's not the most likely result and I don't see another clear path to vict-ory for Conor unless he has developed a high level grappling game in a short amount of time. The main factor I see in this fight is that McGregor has to work hard to land his shots, and Nate's pace forces him to match his output lest he gets overwhelmed and the fight turns into a classic Diaz affair.

Connor didn't fight smart last time around, he was overreaching with his shots as you say, and going for too much power, never implemented his kicking game which would unsettle Diaz. Dos Anjos destroyed Diaz with leg kicks which he isn't able to block. Connor needs to pick his shots better and use a variety of kicks and punches.

I see this either McGreggor on points, or Diaz to sub him again, if Diaz was smart he would just take Connor down and use his superior skills, could be over real quick if he did.

I wouldnt be surprised if they encourage Diaz to throw this one so that they can make a boatload of dough in a 3rd fight....at least they should lol

If Diaz is focused and determined i dont think Conor can beat him [/2 cents]

Loads of threads regarding this fight, acknowledged. Most of the stuff posted regarding this fight is mainly based on hate and bias.

With all your mma knowledge, genuinely, how do you see this one going?

Is Diaz just too big and well rounded for McGregor? Or is a fully focused McGregor training specifically for Diaz this time around a different animal?

The bookies are making McGregor favourite again just like last time, Diaz is a much shorter price this time around but it baffles me he isn't the favourite.

What are your thoughts?

Unbias analysis, (hard I know because of Conor av)

I see Conor taking a more economical approach this time to the fight. This means no spinning kicks and less of an emphasis on throwing hard power shots. Additionally, I see a small reduction in pressure by Conor as a result, which Nate will naturally take the lead on. Although not respected, Conor is actually a good counter striker. I expect him to rely more on this (similar to the marcus brimage fight).

The problem is, Nate is longer and more experienced, He isn't going to take wild shots to try and land on Conor, he knows he has 5 rounds. I DO see Conor wrestling with Nate. I know how much people don't respect Conor's wrestling because of the submission loss, but he did have some success with it in the first round, even passing Nate's guard.

Overall, tough fight to call. Common sense says pick the winner of the first, but its not always true (Luke vs Bisping should have been a lock). At the same time, I feel that McGregor has a deeper obsession with it this time. The fact that Nate has been on media alot is also something Im concerned about, previously Nate only had 11 days which meant very little time in the media, Nate now has more time and more media obligations. I'm not sure how he handles it, it seems hes handling it well.

You got a real ice grill but are you really real
Step in a Mcgregor thread and they gonna test your gun skills

Obviously Conor can land head shots. So the question really is, how does he land them and not eat counter combos? get in and get back out. work on boxing d (lateral movement, shoulder rolls, head movement, etc). mix it up. and win 3 rounds. but most importantly, don't get hit by counters.

Nate needs to avoid getting frustrated if Conor does what I think he's going to try to do. he needs to land combos, or get it to the floor of course. turn it into a brawl. but if Conor plays a Condit type game plan, he also needs to be able to cut off the ring from the faster opponent, and be the aggressor.

Last edited:
I see McGregor eeking out a methodical points win, up until he gets TKO'd in a later round.

Back