Diaz vs Lawler will be underwhelming

Won't be terrible, like Ngannou vs Lewis (hard to top that). But there's no reason to think it will be anything like the first one.

Diaz lost his last 3 fights, didn't fight for 6 years. God knows how he's gonna look in there (probably not so good). Lawler lost a few steps, is on 4 fight losing streak (getting dominated in last 2).

The only reason this fight has hype behind it is because the first fight was good, and people like their personalities/fighting styles. But they are long out of their primes.

Don't get the hype.

The fact that its at 185 and 5 rounds long might help it a bit. But still, won't be as good as advertised.
this just reads like every other thread about this fight with no new info.
bottom line, if you don't think its worth spending your hard earned money on, are too busy for or are just generally disinterested there is nothing stopping you from passing on this event.

Im just hoping it's 1 or 2 rounds of sloppy chaos and not 5 rounds of sadness.

Two of my all time favorites. I'm not going to watch, not even illegally. I just don't see this being any good and really don't want to see either guy at this point in their lives take a highlight reel KO because they are diminished.

It will be amazing :) :)
50da0aad91be9de6a9650203ae627d4a.gif

Doesn't it look like she's looking right above someone's line of sight there? Then again I guess that's my mind thinking that the black figure on the right is the person's/entity's head.

It might be. Nicks fights with GSP, Condit and Andy were all quite underwhelming.

yeah due to the opponent. He was stuffing gsp takedowns and hurting gsp the last couple.
Usually nick is bleeding on the ring walk. Gsp didn’t even mark him up.

sure gsp won on points. Confit and Silva shouldn’t have.

It will be worse than Nick vs. Anderson. I still remember how hyped-up everyone was for that and refused to even entertain the possibility of it being boring. Some people never learn <Lmaoo>

Anderson didn’t engage. There is no fighter with a proven track record of being exciting than nick.

Sherbros, if you just remember that UFC is not a sport but an entertainment business, the fight makes perfect sense.

Jake Paul gets it, hope you guys will soon.

jake-paul-jake.gif

Diaz won't be boring.
Even if he is older, he wants to put on a comeback show.
Plus Robbie has revenge motivation.
Good match up.
Nick did nothing in his last 3 fights. Just stood there on the feet and was all defense on the ground.

Sherbros, if you just remember that UFC is not a sport but an entertainment business, the fight makes perfect sense.

Jake Paul gets it, hope you guys will soon.

jake-paul-jake.gif
You may not like how it's run. But by every definition it's a sport. Fuck off with that shit

yeah due to the opponent. He was stuffing gsp takedowns and hurting gsp the last couple.
Usually nick is bleeding on the ring walk. Gsp didn’t even mark him up.

sure gsp won on points. Confit and Silva shouldn’t have.
Dude to his opponents? Fuck off you dumb ass! Nick doesn't the last three rounds against Condit standing there not doing anything. Well, until the end of the 5th when he got Condit down and was reversed right away

Against GSP he literally crawled away from the fight and didn't even attack off his back. Just went into defensive mode.

And Silva? Nick the aggressive pressure fighter turned into Nick the cautious counter striker. Hell, he even turned his back and ran from Silva in the 5th round

His brother would have lost the fights too, but at least Nate goes out swinging. Nick just gives up and does nothing but defense when he is outmatched

Doesn't it look like she's looking right above someone's line of sight there? Then again I guess that's my mind thinking that the black figure on the right is the person's/entity's head.
My guess is she is looking at somebody on the other side of the guy we can see. Further to her left. But I’m not familiar with the scene.

Dude to his opponents? Fuck off you dumb ass! Nick doesn't the last three rounds against Condit standing there not doing anything. Well, until the end of the 5th when he got Condit down and was reversed right away

Against GSP he literally crawled away from the fight and didn't even attack off his back. Just went into defensive mode.

And Silva? Nick the aggressive pressure fighter turned into Nick the cautious counter striker. Hell, he even turned his back and ran from Silva in the 5th round

His brother would have lost the fights too, but at least Nate goes out swinging. Nick just gives up and does nothing but defense when he is outmatched

You’re emotionally invested in an exciting fighter you must hate on a fighting forum.
you can say you thought those guys won off scoring more shots. Gsp win by strictly control. Control time. Nick landed the best shots of the fight and hurt him. Stuffed most of his takedowns as the fight progressed and one of the few fights nick wasn’t bleeding as generally he’s bleeding on the ring walk.

inhave no problem with the winner. Condit abandoned everything he has ever done and didn’t engage and landed some light leg kicks. There is no winner in a fight like that. But nick should have got the call.

same as the Silva fight. Anderson just came off of Losing a title pumped up on steroids. And it was a close fight.

he’s never been outclassed in any fight. You can say Jeremy Jackson fight but nick was a teenager.

generally when you fight one of the greatest strikers of all time. And You walk forward. Taunt can’t get him to do any thing. For the majority of mins of the fight. You have to do something else.
Anderson is the bigger stronger faster guy with more power. Had nothing but respect for nick before during and especially after the fight.

I don’t even have a problem
With Silva winning that fight. Steroids or not. I thought nick won.

mma In a cage is a tricky thing. It’s an octagon and it’s massive. You can t cut it off. If a guy doesn’t want to engage. You can’t do a lot.
A ring with 4 corners you can cut it off.

a guy like Dominic Cruz realized this and his attributes. And can just move move move. It’s impossible to do that to a guy in an octagon and even in a ring. Where you can cut it off much much easier.

I’m fans of all guys mentioned. I’ve never seen nick outclassed but more importantly every fight he’s had is interesting due to his style. And as a fan. I don’t care about wins or losses. I only watch to be entertained and these guys fit the criteria.

saying Diaz hasn’t won a fight in x amount of years may be technically true. But it’s not indicative of the fighter he was or hopefully still is.

he fought 3 of the goats. Bj. Anderson and gsp. And condit who was a killer at the time as well.

all of those guys have extremely high praise as nick as a fighter.

you don’t. But I respect your opinion on his skills a lot more than those guys.

You never know what to expect with these guys. It could suck or be amazing. Who knows.

Back