Diaz vs Lawler 2 comes down to one thing and one thing only

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by JustOnce, Sep 25, 2021.

1. JustOnce Itami

I think Diaz vs Lawler 2 comes down to whether Nick Diaz still can take the shots or recover from it.

Most fighters tend to lose their abilities as they age, but I happen to think Diaz has exact style to be pretty good even as he ages. I know people have been talking about how out of shape Diaz looks, but just because someone's not muscular doesn't mean he's out of shape, and since when did Diaz have athletic looking body?

Diaz have retired from MMA, but he has been doing triathlons and shit so I highly doubt that he's out of shape. What I think may have happened was that as he aged and haven't cut weight in forever, he probably have higher fat percentage that's refusing to come off and thus said fuck it along the way. He looks fair bit bigger than Lawler in face offs, and I think could be a pretty big advantage against a guy like Lawler if you ask me.

People commented on Diaz looking bad in shadowboxing, but Diaz never had pretty style to begin with. He always looked kinda shit when he shadowboxed, awkward as shit.

Diaz never been the one to rely on his speed or timing either, which are the first things to go. Diaz also never been the one to rely on landing that one knock out punch, which is obviously dependent on timing as well. They say the power is the last to go, but you need timing to land that power, but even if the power's gone, Diaz has the style to still succeed without it.

I think Diaz is a bad match up for Robbie, always will be. I believe Diaz will wanna implement a game plan similar that he used against BJ, and if Robbie ends up on his backfoot, I see he's a dead man walking, though it may not be easy, likely difficult.

It really comes down to if Nick can take the shots he used to be able to take, or recover from it. And no one knows if he can.

If he can, UFC should give him Masbumdal. Easy fight for Nick.

02-TA, Lawrence and mxer31 like this.
  2. Ben Big Tuna Parrish Tiger Style Professional Fighter

“Masbumdal” yeah you must have been dropped on your head or something. Be mad at the guy for whatever but calling him a bum is retarded even if your trolling lol.

3. JustOnce Itami

Meh i call bum a bum.

4. Carrotman23 Of Rivia

Agreed , Nicks cardio based Homer Simpson fight style is a nightmare matchup for someone like Lawler especially sense he can seemingly no longer pull the trigger on throwing combinations . Also yeah he's looked crappy shadow boxing in the last so that dosnt worry me either .
    The last minute weight change is a little sketchy along with some of his recent comments but we will see . If he isn't completely shot he should take this . That being said I do think Lawler realizes how important this fight is for him and I believe him when he said this is a matchup that has made him focus on his training more and put his head to the ground . He's dangerous the same way a wounded animal is but barring a fluke that won't be enough to win .

5. Reydereyes Purple Belt

Okay basement dweller

6. Qays Stetkevich Brown Belt

Most signs don't look good for Diaz, *BUT* the fact that for the last almost 7 years he hasn't been sparring/fighting or getting dinged in the head could be a boon. Let's find out.

SpiderCrawl likes this.
  7. MeatWagon06 Biting on feints

Your a fooking BUM!

8. VAfan Gold Belt

nick's whole game is cardio and i'd be willing to bet he's still in great shape, that nothing's change there. so yeah, it's all about whether the chin still holds up. since he hasn't fought in forever and hasn't taken any damage lately, i'd assume that it will.

9. Travis Alexander Amateur Fighter

What possible foundation do you have for your obnoxious hater claims out of curiosity armchair warrior?

10. Goatenstein Black Belt

An av of a cartoon acting tough.

11. Moral Victory Black Belt

I went to the dentist, and had no new cavaties, pretty happy about it.

SoSo, Chesten_Hesten and Zaar like this.
  12. Royce's Gi OKAMI HUGE MW-Belt

Agree, would love to see him fight Masfagdal.

13. legkicktko Only the Strong Survive

Rooting hard for Diaz but feel he gets slept early.

14. mortal Purple Belt

We can only guess really. Funny thing is, although they've fought in the past, I don't know what to expect.
    What looked odd to me was the face off btw.

Edit: Masvidal is Nate's fight so I don't see it happening.

15. Ozze Red Belt

Impressive that no matter how bad Diaz looks (and I'm not saying he does because I haven't even seen the weight ins or face off), fans will always find an excuse. "He's out of shape, but he was never strong." "He hasn't fought in ages, but still runs." "His strike looks bad, but it always does." "He looks uninterested, but he's just akward." "Hasn't win a fight in 9 years, but he'll be fresher." "Couldn't even come close to make weight, but it's good for his cardio."

Impressive. Nick Diaz never loses, not even in the arguments.

Diaz 1,2,5.

The Big Babou and 02-TA like this.
  16. OveratedCan Purple Belt

Nicks only doing this for the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. Spent force. Not a UFC legend.

17. Travis Alexander Amateur Fighter

He is a MMA legend. don’t get so overly hung up on promotional fandom. He is a legend in the sport and it should always be:
    Fighters > Promotions

18. Guld The Last Chronomancer

Nick's chin is by far the most critical aspect of this fight. If it's still in tact then I think he takes this.

Arm Barbarian likes this.
  19. r-harper-1 Gold Belt

I’m also curious if Lawler will actually throw punches….Magny fight was frustrating

SoSo likes this.
  20. Lawrence Red Belt

Interesting….

I think it’s timing.

Nick & Nate….. Have been the slower fighter in every fight in the last 15 years.

Their timing and pace are what does the trick… and a bit of underrated defensive footwork …. Not so adept at cutting off the cage, but their survival footwork usually helps them.

Nate was quicker than Cowboy…. That’s the exception, but it’s Nick’s night .