Diaz v McG > RDA v McG

And you seriously believe that? He also said he knew this fight was a possibility a long time ago. Dude is downplaying himself hardcore.

No. Part of being in fight shape is programming that muscle memory for fast twitch reflexes. There's a huge difference between cycling your training to be at your physical peak (ie fight shape), vs. just being "in shape".

Of course Conor's fans are loving it. UFC is serving up Diaz to Conor. IT will be an easier fight for Conor. Nate was talking shit to him so the Conor fans get to see him shut him up. There were some concerns among some McGregor fans against RDA but not so much in this. They plan to kick back and enjoy.

It's so fun people are refunding their tickets in droves. I've never seen this many tickets available so close to a Conor fight.

No. Part of being in fight shape is programming that muscle memory for fast twitch reflexes. There's a huge difference between cycling your training to be at your physical peak (ie fight shape), vs. just being "in shape".
Well, its a good thing Nate has no fast twitch anything.

I believe The entertainment value went up by 300%

If Diaz had a full training camp I'd be a lot more pumped and I'd give him a legitimate shot at winning. Nate at this point is just a sacrificial lamb for McGregor collecting a paycheck. What do you expect DW to say? We chose an out of shape Nate Diaz rather than other more ready fighters. Come on people. The UFC doesn't want a Kimbo/Seth incident to happen. Just because the UFC says something doesn't mean we have to believe it.

If Diaz had a full training camp I'd be a lot more pumped and I'd give him a legitimate shot at winning. Nate at this point is just a sacrificial lamb for McGregor collecting a paycheck. What do you expect DW to say? We chose an out of shape Nate Diaz rather than other more ready fighters. Come on people. The UFC doesn't want a Kimbo/Seth incident to happen. Just because the UFC says something doesn't mean we have to believe it.
Who the hell would be ready enough to fight McGregor at two weeks out? So much irony when it comes to McGregor and how his motto used to be Stay Ready

And you seriously believe that? He also said he knew this fight was a possibility a long time ago. Dude is downplaying himself hardcore.

I'd believe him every day of the week over Dana. He had no way to know RDA was going to break his foot and since most fighters don't keep training hard when they have no fight lined up, yes, I believe him.

I'd believe him every day of the week over Dana. He had no way to know RDA was going to break his foot and since most fighters don't keep training hard when they have no fight lined up, yes, I believe him.
There is a saying that you don't ask someone a question when you know what they will say. Did anyone expect Nate to claim he is in any sort of fighting shape? No. Of course not, he has zero incentive to. I'm not saying he is or isn't in shape, i'm just saying if he was he wouldn't be telling the world and Conor about it.

Rafael%2Bdos%2BAnjos%2BLeg%2BKicks%2BNate%2BDiaz%2BUFC%2Bon%2BFox%2B13.gif

Oh noooo, he kicked his poor leg! Guess karma bit him in the... Foot :)

Agree 100%. A fully prepared Nate would be a very interesting test for Conor. But an unprepared/out of shape Nate is just a sacrificial lamb, as we saw in his fight with RDA. The fact that it's at 170 tells me all I need to know (while he took a few fights at WW, Nate is clearly not a WW). Unless Nate finds a submission early in the fight, I suspect that it will get worse and worse for him as the fight goes on.

There is a saying that you don't ask someone a question when you know what they will say. Did anyone expect Nate to claim he is in any sort of fighting shape? No. Of course not, he has zero incentive to. I'm not saying he is or isn't in shape, i'm just saying if he was he wouldn't be telling the world and Conor about it.

I just look at it from a common sense standpoint. Nobody can train hard and stay in fight shape all the time and they certainly won't if they don't have a fight lined up. They're just asking for injuries to try and do that. Since Conor was scheduled to fight RDA, Nate had no incentive to train hard just on the off chance RDA might get hurt.

I already believe Conor and the UFC chose Nate over the fight-shape Cerrone simply because they believe it's a less risky fight to take. It has nothing to do with whether Nate could beat Cerrone again. He very well could if he trains but I'd take an in fight-shape Cerrone very day over a Nate who hasn't been training too.

Then you have Dana who lies so much you can't believe a thing he says so his claiming Diaz is in "phenomenal shape" because he's been training for triathlons sounds like a snake-oil salesman.

to people saying Conor is being fed Nate, let's just appreciate the fact that Dana wanted Urijah Faber instead but Conor insisted on Nate. Say what you want about Conor but he is not taking the easiest challenge he was presented with clearly.

I just look at it from a common sense standpoint. Nobody can train hard and stay in fight shape all the time and they certainly won't if they don't have a fight lined up. They're just asking for injuries to try and do that. Since Conor was scheduled to fight RDA, Nate had no incentive to train hard just on the off chance RDA might get hurt.

I already believe Conor and the UFC chose Nate over the fight-shape Cerrone simply because they believe it's a less risky fight to take. It has nothing to do with whether Nate could beat Cerrone again. He very well could if he trains but I'd take an in fight-shape Cerrone very day over a Nate who hasn't been training too.

Then you have Dana who lies so much you can't believe a thing he says so his claiming Diaz is in "phenomenal shape" because he's been training for triathlons sounds like a snake-oil salesman.
something that upsets me a lot is people mentioning how Cerrone lost to Nate fucking 4 years ago to justify a Nate fight being better. Cerrone is obviously more dangerous to Conor and would make it way more competitive, especially fresh out of a win as opposed to short notice no camp Nate.

wouldn't be surprised if his "vacation" to Hawaii, was to get some training in with Penn

Dana is a snake oil salesman, but so are the people claiming that Nate is in terrible shape. We have no idea. That's really the bottom line. That's part of the mystery of this fight. As far as the Cerrone fight, if you were going to fight for the title, the back up fight should not be the person that just got annihilated by the guy you were about to fight. People like you just want to find some shitty conspiracy where there is none.

Dana is a snake oil salesman, but so are the people claiming that Nate is in terrible shape. We have no idea. That's really the bottom line. That's part of the mystery of this fight. As far as the Cerrone fight, if you were going to fight for the title, the back up fight should not be the person that just got annihilated by the guy you were about to fight. People like you just want to find some shitty conspiracy where there is none.

Yet we know Cerrone was in fight shape and said he'd cut to 55 for Conor. Like Frankie edgar said, why didn't they go with him?

http://www.mmamania.com/2016/2/24/1...it-comments-refusing-conor-mcgregor-fight-mma
"if Ali had texted back ‘yes,’ that fight still would have went to Nate Diaz. I think Nate Diaz was the fight they were trying to make since the beginning. Why didn’t they go with Cowboy? Cowboy was fresh off a camp. He’s in shape, no injuries. They decide to go with a guy like Nate who can’t even make 155, so how much training has he been doing? I don’t understand why they picked the guy who’s probably not ready for the fight. Why not pick a guy like Cowboy who seems to be ready for it? It sounds fishy to me."

Yet we know Cerrone was in fight shape and said he'd cut to 55 for Conor. Like Frankie edgar said, why didn't they go with him?

http://www.mmamania.com/2016/2/24/1...it-comments-refusing-conor-mcgregor-fight-mma
"if Ali had texted back ‘yes,’ that fight still would have went to Nate Diaz. I think Nate Diaz was the fight they were trying to make since the beginning. Why didn’t they go with Cowboy? Cowboy was fresh off a camp. He’s in shape, no injuries. They decide to go with a guy like Nate who can’t even make 155, so how much training has he been doing? I don’t understand why they picked the guy who’s probably not ready for the fight. Why not pick a guy like Cowboy who seems to be ready for it? It sounds fishy to me."
You clearly didn't read a fucking word I said about a possible Cerrone fight.

Back