Diaz v Dos Anjos 2?

I like Nate v Tony right now. Or Gaethje. RDA isn’t that appealing a fight given how one sided the first one was and how many fresh matchups exist.

Nate has a problem with big strong wrestlers and Lee happens to be...a big strong wrestler.

Lee is wildly inconsistent and has been tapped out in 3 of his last 6 fights. Nate puts Kevin Lee in a triangle if he tries to point wrestle him for 3 rounds. On the feet, Nate is lightyears ahead of him. Al @%# Iaquinta beat the dog shit out of Kevin Lee.

your comment above regarding Gaethje makes no sense.

Let me further contextualize my point about JG: He's fought 4 elite level fighters in his UFC run, and 3 of them put him away. Even if you remove Khabib, getting knocked out by both Alvarez and Poirer in dogfights underlines the point.

Michael Johnson of all people nearly put JG to out in the first round of their fight. He did one of the most overstated chiken dances in UFC history.

JG should not be considered a world beater right now, and its likely a failing Tony Ferguson overstated where JG stands. He's definitely a solidly top 10 talent, but to say he beats Nate 'handily' is a far stretch. JG has generally LOST to the better talent he faced.

Nate has 12 losses out of 32 fights

Every current lightweight in the world loses to those versions of Rory MacDonald and DHK in lopsided fashion. He lost to Bendo and RDA at the absolute height of their powers, legit world champions.

He beat up Conor on the feet then tapped him out in under 2 rounds. Conor beat both Poirer and Alvarez with ease, guys that knocked JG out. You have to take all this stuff in context.

Let’s see Nate Vs Tony. 1. The fight will be killer. 2. The number of off the wall shit that will be said during the build up

Lee is wildly inconsistent and has been tapped out in 3 of his last 6 fights. Nate puts Kevin Lee in a triangle if he tries to point wrestle him for 3 rounds. On the feet, Nate is lightyears ahead of him. Al @%# Iaquinta beat the dog shit out of Kevin Lee.

Let me further contextualize my point about JG: He's fought 4 elite level fighters in his UFC run, and 3 of them put him away. Even if you remove Khabib, getting knocked out by both Alvarez and Poirer in dogfights underlines the point.

Michael Johnson of all people nearly put JG to out in the first round of their fight. He did one of the most overstated chiken dances in UFC history.

JG should not be considered a world beater right now, and its likely a failing Tony Ferguson overstated where JG stands. He's definitely a solidly top 10 talent, but to say he beats Nate 'handily' is a far stretch. JG has generally LOST to the better talent he faced.

Every current lightweight in the world loses to those versions of Rory MacDonald and DHK in lopsided fashion. He lost to Bendo and RDA at the absolute height of their powers, legit world champions.

He beat up Conor on the feet then tapped him out in under 2 rounds. Conor beat both Poirer and Alvarez with ease, guys that knocked JG out. You have to take all this stuff in context.

You make a few good points, but you also rely on MMA math which as we know doesn't always pencil out.

"He beat up Conor on the feet then tapped him out in under 2 rounds. Conor beat both Poirer and Alvarez with ease, guys that knocked JG out. You have to take all this stuff in context."

Matt Sera split with GSP getting a R1 TKO in their first fight. GSP later submitted Bisping for the MW belt. That doesn't mean that Serra could beat Bisping or be successful at MW. Nate's 12 losses include Guida, Stevenson, Maynard and Thomson (TKO beat-down) and I could do MMA math stuff with their wins and losses and try and make my preferred fighter look better. But I won't do that because each fight stands on its own with match-ups being an important key and when I judge fighters I look at their entire career AND recent events because fighters do have peaks and valleys in their career. BJ Penn was one of the best LWs ever and then he fell off a cliff and became a bum. The bum period doesn't mean he wasn't a great fighter at his peak, but it sure affects how I would rank him vs. other top LW fighters when ranking all-time best fighters.

Nate choked out Conor in their first fight and I was rooting for him in that fight and the rematch. Conor was way better on the feet both fights, but as we all know Conor has a tendency to gas. Nate weathered the early storm and got the RNC in R2. Nate also weathered the early storm in the second fight, but still lost a comfortable decision loss. I had CM winning 3 rounds with one of them 10-8 dominance (wide margin of significant strikes with multiple knock-downs) so CM wins 48-46 on my scorecard. Lee has been inconsistent, but Al Iaquinta has a wrestling background and is generally a very different type of match-up vs. Nate. I think Lee would be like Benson Henderson (large/strong LW) and would be able to get inside and control Nate with wrestling/grappling. That is my opinion or guess. We won't know unless they fight and hopefully fight while they still are somewhat prime vs. spent.

Guys like Gaethje and Weidman deserve credit for being the guys who ended the long runs of top fighters like Tony Ferguson and Anderson Silva who were worldbeaters, but then not the same fighters AFTER they finally lost. Ferguson not only lost confidence, but he endured a savage beating against Gaethje and probably should have retired or taken 12 - 18 months off. Instead, he starts training again (more damage) and fights a top contender 7 months later (yet more damage). Ferguson's corner did him a huge disservice by not throwing in the towel and ending the Gaethje fight earlier. The ref probably should have stopped the fight earlier. That beating should not have continued for anywhere near as long as it did.

He could fight basically anyone at the top of the division at this point. McGregor-Poirier winner would offend a lot of people, but he could certainly get that fight with a win. Oliveira, Gaethje, Hooker, Chandler, RDA would all be on the table. Tony too. Maybe even Felder. I don’t think you want to put him in with someone who will lay on him, which could be RDA, Chandler or Oliveira. If Hooker was available that’s what I would suggest. With him out I would probably go with Tony, because I think Gaethje would destroy his legs.

View attachment 825833

Would be an amazing fight but i think a healthy nate beats everyone in the top 5 .. alot of people sleep on nate because of performances from years ago...nate arguably owns 2 wins over conor..
Here we go folks. It's January 14 and we've already got a contender for "stupidest post on Sherdog" this year

You make a few good points, but you also rely on MMA math which as we know doesn't always pencil out.

"He beat up Conor on the feet then tapped him out in under 2 rounds. Conor beat both Poirer and Alvarez with ease, guys that knocked JG out. You have to take all this stuff in context."

Matt Sera split with GSP getting a R1 TKO in their first fight. GSP later submitted Bisping for the MW belt. That doesn't mean that Serra could beat Bisping or be successful at MW. Nate's 12 losses include Guida, Stevenson, Maynard and Thomson (TKO beat-down) and I could do MMA math stuff with their wins and losses and try and make my preferred fighter look better. But I won't do that because each fight stands on its own with match-ups being an important key and when I judge fighters I look at their entire career AND recent events because fighters do have peaks and valleys in their career. BJ Penn was one of the best LWs ever and then he fell off a cliff and became a bum. The bum period doesn't mean he wasn't a great fighter at his peak, but it sure affects how I would rank him vs. other top LW fighters when ranking all-time best fighters.

Nate choked out Conor in their first fight and I was rooting for him in that fight and the rematch. Conor was way better on the feet both fights, but as we all know Conor has a tendency to gas. Nate weathered the early storm and got the RNC in R2. Nate also weathered the early storm in the second fight, but still lost a comfortable decision loss. I had CM winning 3 rounds with one of them 10-8 dominance (wide margin of significant strikes with multiple knock-downs) so CM wins 48-46 on my scorecard. Lee has been inconsistent, but Al Iaquinta has a wrestling background and is generally a very different type of match-up vs. Nate. I think Lee would be like Benson Henderson (large/strong LW) and would be able to get inside and control Nate with wrestling/grappling. That is my opinion or guess. We won't know unless they fight and hopefully fight while they still are somewhat prime vs. spent.

Guys like Gaethje and Weidman deserve credit for being the guys who ended the long runs of top fighters like Tony Ferguson and Anderson Silva who were worldbeaters, but then not the same fighters AFTER they finally lost. Ferguson not only lost confidence, but he endured a savage beating against Gaethje and probably should have retired or taken 12 - 18 months off. Instead, he starts training again (more damage) and fights a top contender 7 months later (yet more damage). Ferguson's corner did him a huge disservice by not throwing in the towel and ending the Gaethje fight earlier. The ref probably should have stopped the fight earlier. That beating should not have continued for anywhere near as long as it did.

I would add Rockhold (on Weidman) to that list.

Are u talking about my post? ...or yours? Cuz mines just truth...
You think the guy who got worked by Masvidal would beat everyone in the top 5 of the most stacked division? And somehow you think that's a smart take and anyone who disagrees is stupid?

<36>

You think the guy who got worked by Masvidal would beat everyone in the top 5 of the most stacked division? And somehow you think that's a smart take and anyone who disagrees is stupid?

<36>

Masvidal won due to circumstance...he wasnt necessarily the better fighter just happened to open a cut that changed the complexion of the entire fight saying otherwise is silly...that fight was a wash after that cut..

Who in the top five beats nate? He already has two wins over Conor .. with khabib gone whos in his way exactly?...honest question...he matches extremely well with all of them..

Masvidal won due to circumstance...he wasnt necessarily the better fighter just happened to open a cut that changed the complexion of the entire fight saying otherwise is silly...that fight was a wash after that cut..

Who in the top five beats nate? He already has two wins over Conor .. with khabib gone whos in his way exactly?...honest question...he matches extremely well with all of them..
Literally everyone in the top 15 of LW beats Nate.

Masvidal won because he's a much better fighter. Even disregarding the cut, what part of that fight was close? When did Nate have any success? Did you even watch the fight?

When Nate Diaz loses to everyone, I hope you come back here and apologize. I realize you'll probably be banned by then, though, so I'm not expecting anything

Literally everyone in the top 15 of LW beats Nate.

Masvidal won because he's a much better fighter. Even disregarding the cut, what part of that fight was close? When did Nate have any success? Did you even watch the fight?

When Nate Diaz loses to everyone, I hope you come back here and apologize. I realize you'll probably be banned by then, though, so I'm not expecting anything

He got cut like 30 seconds in... So how can u judge anything from that fight? While disregarding the cut...i can tell u mas was tired and nate was fresh going into the round they stopped it so who knows what would of happened...

Tell me who beats him in the top 5 and how...im waiting? ...

Answer is you cant say..cuz he matches well with them all and has win(s) Over Conor the guy whos apparently way above all the rest....

No fucking way Nate takes the RDA fight

Who... And how ..

Nates beaten conor twice...

Hooker gets tired and likes to brawl which works perfect for nates style... likely subs a tired bloodly hooker

Gaithje gets tapped after being lit up on the feet and panic wrestles from the pressure..hes a white belt on the floor..

Tony is wildcard but likely past his expiry date but still a crazy fight... Likely a close decision

Dustin again likes to brawl and gets hit as much as nate does but lacks the stamina for 5 rounds at a high pace tends to slow ( watch the holloway fight) and probably gets tapped in round 4..

So who beats him?
Everyone in top 5 by being better, much better fighters... Nate is not a top 5 fighter. And you question Gaethje? Are you kidding? Everyone who have watched a 3 minute video of how to throw a leg kick will beat Nate. Justin would criple Nate's leg behind repair. LOL!

Back