Media Diaz turned down fight with Khabib, but still called him out on social media

This is nothing new, Nate was talking shit about Josh Thomson not long after the latter kicked his head off and the towel got thrown in. These guys are so irrational that I don’t even give a shit at this point. Id be more surprised if the thread title was “Nate wasn’t acting retarded”.

Dana White claims Nate Diaz turned down a fight with Khabib Nurmagomedov

https://www.mmamania.com/2019/1/13/...ZzZzo6gm6GB-AoG17h2nHDzEdBh27516O9r0aZJbVIS0M

Such a clown.

Clout chasers...
Well, if DANA FUCKING WHITE said that Diaz turned down the fight - then it must be true!
There certainly wouldn't be any more important details that he conveniently left out - such as Diaz participating in the standard fight negotiation process.

I could bring up many examples of this, but just in case you can only believe what Khabib says, here is an article where Khabib accusing Dana of the exact same tactic
http://mmaimports.com/2017/09/khabib-becomes-latest-ufc-fighter-call-dana-white-liar/

Well, if DANA FUCKING WHITE said that Diaz turned down the fight - then it must be true!
There certainly wouldn't be any more important details that he conveniently left out - such as Diaz participating in the standard fight negotiation process.

I could bring up many examples of this, but just in case you can only believe what Khabib says, here is an article where Khabib accusing Dana of the exact same tactic
http://mmaimports.com/2017/09/khabib-becomes-latest-ufc-fighter-call-dana-white-liar/

He is worth 250k max, demands 5 million. No deal.

Basically, shutting down the UFC. He ain't worth shit after he got KO'd a while back. He been KO'ing himself ever since via drugs and nefarious dealings.

You all are missing the critical point........maybe he didnt offer Nate enough money to take the fight
Oh please. The Diaz brothers both want millions. They're not worth that much.

He beat Conor once so he gets a title shot against a guy who smashed Conor? Still makes no sense to me

Nate's not that big of a draw, to justify that title-shot, imo.

I said he wasn't offer Khabib recently
you cannot offer a contract until khabib gets his suspension finalized

How are people acting like this is suprising?

Nate has had a bunch of different interviews where he specifcially says he doesn't want to fight anyone who can hold him down.

Maybe he should go get his ass kicked in boxing

Nate is signed for X-amount
He signed a new deal after Conor

So Nate agreed to have a contract for X-amount.
UFC has to offer him fights for that amount

Ill take your word for it, as you probably have more intimate knowledge than I. However, it would be relatively simplistic for them to have in the contract "you get X percent of ppv and X base" and thats it, versus something that fluctuates based on the opponent and the amount of advanced notice he gets before the fight. For instance, when a fighter like Al takes a fight on short notice, you would think that there is a huge inscentive (a kicker) that Al got. Maybe Nate was angling for that discretionary amount.

Or maybe he was chicken......

The time is right to recreate himself with a nickname, but what should he go with?
Nate “Diva” Diaz
Nate “Fightless” Diaz
Nate “Twitter Fingerz” Diaz

Nate vs any wrestler doesn't make sense. Set up fights that make money.

I think that is the problem with the DIaz brothers. You pay them well, they stop fighting

Ill take your word for it, as you probably have more intimate knowledge than I. However, it would be relatively simplistic for them to have in the contract "you get X percent of ppv and X base" and thats it, versus something that fluctuates based on the opponent and the amount of advanced notice he gets before the fight. For instance, when a fighter like Al takes a fight on short notice, you would think that there is a huge inscentive (a kicker) that Al got. Maybe Nate was angling for that discretionary amount.

Or maybe he was chicken......

A UFC fighter has to sign for X-amount per fight & contractually UFC has to offer them x-amounts of fights per year (varies from 1-3)
If not they UFC has to pay the the show money or contract is voided

Of course a fighter can say no & many do
If a fighter says no, then the UFC is off the hook for that fight

So IF UFC offered Nate a Khabib fight around the time of RDA, it would have been per the amount he agreed to in his contract.

Nate could have said no for a myriad of reasons. I don't think "scared" was one .

Basically the UFC cannot legally offer any UFC fighter less than what the contract stated that both parties agreed to when they signed a deal for X-Amount of fights at X-dollars

they can offer more obviously as an incentive.
but that usually comes with some bargaining power (fighter on a win streak, last minute notice, main event, etc)

Around that time, Nate famously re-signed with UFC for shit pay per fight because UFC paid a huge signing bonus upfront (he owed taxes).
So I bet he said no in hopes of more money, but UFC had to offer fights to him at whatever they agreed to.

I think that makes sense ;)

can i fucking stop hearing about the stoner losers diaz bros who dont even fucking fight

if they're not fighting, they're just some loud junkies acting like 15 year olds

unless they have a scheduled, i give 0 fucks about them

UFC probably wanted him to fight for free.

"Hey, it's for the title Nate."

You all are missing the critical point........maybe he didnt offer Nate enough money to take the fight

And we're all trying to understand how the Diaz finances haven't reached a critical point, given Nate hasn't fought in two years, and Nick hasn't won in seven years. There's a point where some income is better than none.

Neither brother is good enough or enough of a draw to continually "hold out" to the level they do. They're both delusional about their ability and worth.

LMAO at these Sherdorks acting like weed is a hardcore drug. Nate could inject 5 marijuanas and still Stockton slap all of you. <45>

Back