Diaz shadow boxing - looks the same as when he was in his prime

I'm glad someone else saw that!
He moved slow putting on clothes.
Diaz is DONE!
Lmao I can’t believe this is a real take. I rewatched it to see if it was half as bad as y’all are making it out to be and it literally just looks like a relaxed person taking their time to put their clothes back on.

I'm glad someone else saw that!
He moved slow putting on clothes.
Diaz is DONE!

I don’t want him to win or lose, I just wanna see a good fight. It would suck if it turns into a staring contest.

yeah but if you say "....as when he was in his prime" ... well, that means you know he sure ain't in his prime, homey!

A lot has been made of Diaz's shadow boxing, enough to change the betting odds. But, he looks the same as he did in his prime.

Nick looks slow and sluggish but thats just shadow boxing.

i wish nick wins

This fight would have been awesome 5 years ago.

It's not about prettyness lol. You are looking at their technique, speed, snap, and power. This is shadowboxing, not pad work. Ever wonder why all high/elite level boxers spend a ton of time shadow boxing? Ever wonder why the people that think shadowboxing isn't important are the ones that don't have high level boxing? Food for thought.

Clearly you didn't understand a word I wrote.

I never said shadow boxing wasn't important, I said prettiness with it and bag/pad work isn't going to tell you anything. Shadow boxing is visualization training and a video can't put u in the guys brain.

Everything you mentioned is part of prettiness.

Timing, distance management, and decision making are the great separators and matter more than anything. You can't see any of that in shadow, bag, or pad work. You can only see that with a resisting opponent. If it ain't decent sparring footage it isn't important.

Go train and watch carefully.

Clearly you didn't understand a word I wrote.

I never said shadow boxing wasn't important, I said prettiness with it and bag/pad work isn't going to tell you anything. Shadow boxing is visualization training and a video can't put u in the guys brain.

Everything you mentioned is part of prettiness.

Timing, distance management, and decision making are the great separators and matter more than anything. You can't see any of that in shadow, bag, or pad work. You can only see that with a resisting opponent. If it ain't decent sparring footage it isn't important.

Go train and watch carefully.
I understand what you are saying, but there is a correlation to people that can effectively shadow box, hit pads, and hit bags. All of that training is needed. Look at Canelo's training, what does it mostly consist of? It's shadow boxing, bag work, pad work, and sparring. The techniques he does on the bag and pad work is the same techniques he does in fights. The problem with some people is they are doing stuff with their shadow boxing, bag work, pad work and they don't know how to translate that into their sparring/fights. Some people don't do those properly so they are not able to do it in a real combat setting. The drills have to be same tempo, distance, timing, speed of a real fight. If it isn't it won't work when you actually try it, and that's why a lot of people think all that is pointless because they are doing it wrong. When done right it's really effective, that's why elite level boxers spend a ton of time doing all that as well as sparring. Just look at all elite level boxers and look through their training footage, you'll see how they train and what they focus on.

Lawler was even more half assed in his shadow boxing promo shoot…odd how nobody has mentioned it.

I understand what you are saying, but there is a correlation to people that can effectively shadow box, hit pads, and hit bags. All of that training is needed. Look at Canelo's training, what does it mostly consist of? It's shadow boxing, bag work, pad work, and sparring. The techniques he does on the bag and pad work is the same techniques he does in fights. The problem with some people is they are doing stuff with their shadow boxing, bag work, pad work and they don't know how to translate that into their sparring/fights. Some people don't do those properly so they are not able to do it in a real combat setting. The drills have to be same tempo, distance, timing, speed of a real fight. If it isn't it won't work when you actually try it, and that's why a lot of people think all that is pointless because they are doing it wrong. When done right it's really effective, that's why elite level boxers spend a ton of time doing all that as well as sparring. Just look at all elite level boxers and look through their training footage, you'll see how they train and what they focus on.

OMG. No, you really don't understand what I have been saying and you don't realize you aren't saying anything at all.

Literally every fight gym on the planet has their fighters do all that stuff. It is all important but it does NOT show what a fighter can do.

They aren't doing it wrong or right, these things are incredibly simple low level basic skill builders. This isn't the minor leagues, pro fighters use these for warm up and cardio.

Pressure testing from sparring and competition creates the crucial skills I mentioned. Nothing else. As such they are the only things that can show what a fighter can really do. There have been world champs that look average doing shadow and bag/pad work and it doesn't matter bc they have the skills I mentioned.

Executing a game plan and imposing their will on a resisting opponent is what matters and you will never ever be able to know if a fighter can do that through shadow or bag/pads. This is why public workouts don't mean shit. If we don't see sparring we have no idea how a fighters camp went and how peaked they are.

Elite fighters like Canelo aren't doing anything special, they ARE special. The best talent, the best athleticism, the best genetics for power and durability, come together to birth truly elite fighters. Coaching and training moves them along at different rates but they started wayyyyyy ahead of everyone else. They can break all the rules and get away with it and cannot be duplicated.

No one fights like Floyd, Canelo, or Lomachenko bc they physically can't, not bc they didn't try hard enough or missed out on some "training secrets" especially in the most basic fundamental drills.

Long layoff, face puffy enough that looks like he's got kidney failure and transparent ploy to screw Robbie over by chasing the weight class at the last minute is what changed the betting line.. Because everyone started betting on Lawler

OMG. No, you really don't understand what I have been saying and you don't realize you aren't saying anything at all.

Literally every fight gym on the planet has their fighters do all that stuff. It is all important but it does NOT show what a fighter can do.

They aren't doing it wrong or right, these things are incredibly simple low level basic skill builders. This isn't the minor leagues, pro fighters use these for warm up and cardio.

Pressure testing from sparring and competition creates the crucial skills I mentioned. Nothing else. As such they are the only things that can show what a fighter can really do. There have been world champs that look average doing shadow and bag/pad work and it doesn't matter bc they have the skills I mentioned.

Executing a game plan and imposing their will on a resisting opponent is what matters and you will never ever be able to know if a fighter can do that through shadow or bag/pads. This is why public workouts don't mean shit. If we don't see sparring we have no idea how a fighters camp went and how peaked they are.

Elite fighters like Canelo aren't doing anything special, they ARE special. The best talent, the best athleticism, the best genetics for power and durability, come together to birth truly elite fighters. Coaching and training moves them along at different rates but they started wayyyyyy ahead of everyone else. They can break all the rules and get away with it and cannot be duplicated.

No one fights like Floyd, Canelo, or Lomachenko bc they physically can't, not bc they didn't try hard enough or missed out on some "training secrets" especially in the most basic fundamental drills.
No I understand what you are talking about. MMA is multiple martial arts, we are focusing on striking. You can become world champion in mma even if you don't have high level striking because your other skills are high level. That's why I'm using high level boxers as examples. We are talking about striking, not overall mma skill. Yes all gyms do it, but not all gyms do it right. If the pad work they are doing don't transfer over to the actual fights, then it's not being done right. The goal isn't to do it well just on the pads, or to just do those combinations on the pads, it's to also do it live. A lot of trainers/coaches do it right, and their fighters are doing the exact same things they drill and practice in fights. Others have pad work that you never see their fighters ever do in a real fight. That is the difference I am talking about. I'm not saying just do pad work/shadow box/bag work and no sparring. I'm saying all of it is important, and it seems like a lot of people don't understand how important it is. Bag work is important because you can hit the bag as hard as you can over and over again and develop your power punches and punching cardio. You can't hit someone as hard as you can over and over again. If you can't hit pads and heavy bags hard, you aren't going to hit someone hard. You don't automatically gain punching power just because you are punching a person and not a bag/pad.

No the training that Canelo, Lomachenko, and Floyd do is the reason they can do what they do. It's very simple, other fighters don't train the same, they don't do the same training they do at all. If they did, they would be able to do it too.

The focus is never about open workouts, people don't do much in those to not give out info about what they are training on before a fight and it's usually done during fight week so they are also cutting weight and not really doing heavy training. The training I'm talking about is their real training that they do. Boxers all spend a lot of time with shadow boxing/pad work/bag work. More so than mma fighters. I've spent time in both boxing and mma gyms. So I know the difference in how each of the combat sport communities trains. They train vastly differently.

Last edited:
No I understand what you are talking about. MMA is multiple martial arts, we are focusing on striking. You can become world champion in mma even if you don't have high level striking because your other skills are high level. That's why I'm using high level boxers as examples. We are talking about striking, not overall mma skill. Yes all gyms do it, but not all gyms do it right. If the pad work they are doing don't transfer over to the actual fights, then it's not being done right. The goal isn't to do it well just on the pads, or to just do those combinations on the pads, it's to also do it live. A lot of trainers/coaches do it right, and their fighters are doing the exact same things they drill and practice in fights. Others have pad work that you never see their fighters ever do in a real fight. That is the difference I am talking about. I'm not saying just do pad work/shadow box/bag work and no sparring. I'm saying all of it is important, and it seems like a lot of people don't understand how important it is. Bag work is important because you can hit the bag as hard as you can over and over again and develop your power punches and punching cardio. You can't hit someone as hard as you can over and over again. If you can't hit pads and heavy bags hard, you aren't going to hit someone hard. You don't automatically gain punching power just because you are punching a person and not a bag/pad.

No the training that Canelo, Lomachenko, and Floyd do is the reason they can do what they do. It's very simple, other fighters don't train the same, they don't do the same training they do at all. If they did, they would be able to do it too.

The focus is never about open workouts, people don't do much in those to not give out info about what they are training on before a fight and it's usually done during fight week so they are also cutting weight and not really doing heavy training. The training I'm talking about is their real training that they do. Boxers all spend a lot of time with shadow boxing/pad work/bag work. More so than mma fighters. I've spent time in both boxing and mma gyms. So I know the difference in how each of the combat sport communities trains. They train vastly differently.

Now you are having a conversation with yourself. Continue to speak out of your ass about things you don't understand.

No pad/bag or shadow boxing work is fight specific. You are making shit up and exposing your ignorance bc you have no training or competition background.

Pretending Floyd, Canelo, and Lomachenko is due to their training is laughable. How many people from their camps and trained by their trainers are like them over decades? NONE, ZERO, NADA.

How many fighters from the whole sport can duplicate their styles? NONE, ZERO, NADA

It's like you don't know what an outlier is.

There are no magic secrets that any trainer or camp has. They can help perfect small issues and nuances, but the at the end of the day it comes down to having a special talent.

Special talents dominate every single sport, and they can't be duplicated bc 99.999999% of the athletes playing aren't special enough to do what they do. They don't follow the rules, they break them.

I really hope you're like 12 years old or brand new to combat sports otherwise you are truly lost.

Back