Diaz or Cerrone Don't Excite Me

DaisyDuke

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Cerrone will fold in half from the first body shot. And Diaz won't be in shape. And we've seen how awful he is when he's not in shape.

There aren't many other options. Conor can't be expected to make 145 on this notice. Even at 155, Aldo isn't ready. Nate and Cowboy are perfect because they have big names and are a good stylistic match up for Conor. Those two are the best risk/reward. If neither accept I can see Conor being pulled from 196.

Fuck it. Have him fight Dennis Siver again.

Me neither. Because I know for sure they would show up for the trash talk+McGregor money and get wrecked in the first round quickly.

But hey, some 'MMA fans' watch MMA for outside-of-octagon drama.

Put a real top3-4 contender in there to see a goddamn top contender fight,its only fair.

Me neither. Because I know for sure they would show up for the trash talk+McGregor money and get wrecked in the first round quickly.

But hey, some 'MMA fans' watch MMA for outside-of-octagon drama.

Put a real top3-4 contender in there to see a goddamn top contender fight,its only fair.

You watch womens MMA you know nothing about top contenders.

Diaz don't excite you?
What the fuck

Me either. I want the Edgar fight the most tbh but he's injured too.

I would like to see Pettis or Ferguson but I would accept any top 10 matchup honestly

They don't deserve Conor. Cerrone will just shit the bed again.

Dat logic tho. OK tough guy.

Get back to me when you have a relevant answer
LOL. I do have a relevant answer and that answer is that they're the only 2 guys right now that are available, and I'd much rather have McGregor on the card than have to wait longer to see him fight.

Cerrone is in the top 5 at LW and Nate just blasted through a top LW contender... they are both good fights to challange McGregor.

Of the two, Diaz is clearly the better choice. I don't care for Nate at all, but facts are facts:

1) One really good body shot and Cerrone will fold. Pettis and RDA showed this. Diaz has been KO'd once, by a really strong head kick from Josh Thomson, but he's a really tough fighter. He's taken beatings (RDA, Rory, Bendo, etc.) and survived. I'd give him much better odds of making past the 2 minute mark in the 1st round.

2) Diaz and Cerrone fought, and Diaz beat him convincingly.

Dada 5000 will be ready to whoop Dat azz!

Cerrone will fold in half from the first body shot. And Diaz won't be in shape. And we've seen how awful he is when he's not in shape.
Diaz was in great shape against Michael Johnson, you really think he would be out of shape against Conor which is possibly the biggest fight of his life?

Back