Diaz/Lawler weight change is a business decision

• Thread starter Deleted member 359865
  • Start date
"nick diaz is not injured and has never been ko'ed in sparring, ever. #wolftickets"

-cesargraciebjj
Thanks!
Obviously it’s possible that Thomson is wrong, but all of these things do make one wonder. I’m a huge Nick Diaz fan so I’m really hoping he’s in decent form. Would be awful to see him return after all these years just to get wrecked.

Reactions: Gio
Masvidal dropped 30 pounds in less time and you think the vegan that runs marathons can’t safely make weight lol. The Diaz last name is shamed on sherdog.
I too have a hard time envisioning Nick not being able to make 170 and giving up with 4 days left to do it without there being a very direct reason he knows he cant make it.....like an injury
Diaz bros don’t fight opponents that the other has lost to. They’ve gone on record about this.
I think they would but it would have to be the right circumstance, they will not steal a viable opponent from one another but its feasible that they do end up fighting some of the same people the other has fought.......like Takanori Gomi

I never thought he couldnt make the weight cos he just couldnt make it. I thought maybe something happened to him,that they thought better of it.
agreed, something has happened to bring this about

Masvidal dropped 30 pounds in less time and you think the vegan that runs marathons can’t safely make weight lol. The Diaz last name is shamed on sherdog.
I too have a hard time envisioning Nick not being able to make 170 and giving up with 4 days left to do it without there being a very direct reason he knows he cant make it.....like an injury
Diaz bros don’t fight opponents that the other has lost to. They’ve gone on record about this.
I think they would but it would have to be the right circumstance, they will not steal a viable opponent from one another but its feasible that they do end up fighting some of the same people the other has fought.......like Takanori Gomi

I never thought he couldnt make the weight cos he just couldnt make it. I thought maybe something happened to him,that they thought better of it.

A weight change with no explanation means the bosses are involved as they are pretty quick to let the world know when a fighter can’t make weight. Plus Nick made 165 last September. They clearly want Diaz in the MW title mix if he wins. This works out for all parties involved.

I wholeheartedly agree with TS, the UFC clearly strong armed this move with the intent to keep Nick out of the mix in the division that absolutely stacked with Diaz Poison (grapplers and leg kicks). In the grand scheme of things the UFC plans to use Nick in the climate more likely for him to succeed, the striker heavy Middleweight division. Especially considering that in the past both Diaz brothers have shown loyalty to the UFC and been ideal company guys, I’m glad to hear that Nicks being looked after. I’m going to speculate that if Nick Beats Lawler, He’ll get a top 10 MW fight, maybe Strickland, Till, or Hall. The door will then be wide open to get the fight Izzy since Adesanya has basically sunk the rest of the division. I actually agree with TS, I helped him out making sure that all the t’s are crossed and the i’s dotted...
upload_2021-9-22_11-21-17.gif

Jokes, the reality of the situation is...
<Steiner01>

I dunno, maybe the first time Robbie and Nick actually talked to each other in person upon arrival to the hotel and were like 'Hey, wanna say fuck 170? We're old bro'.

Nate and Porier were once scheduled and they both agreed to say fuck it and weigh in at 165lb or 160lb can't remember.

Obviously the fight fell through so no way to know how UFC would've handled 2 big stars purposefully missing weight by the same amount.

Nate and Porier were once scheduled and they both agreed to say fuck it and weigh in at 165lb or 160lb can't remember.

Obviously the fight fell through so no way to know how UFC would've handled 2 big stars purposefully missing weight by the same amount.
That didn’t happen…

they both beat Gomi, Nick will leave Mas for Nate. Cesar Gracie confirmed that Nick is NOT injured.

I wholeheartedly agree with TS, the UFC clearly strong armed this move with the intent to keep Nick out of the mix in the division that absolutely stacked with Diaz Poison (grapplers and leg kicks). In the grand scheme of things the UFC plans to use Nick in the climate more likely for him to succeed, the striker heavy Middleweight division. Especially considering that in the past both Diaz brothers have shown loyalty to the UFC and been ideal company guys, I’m glad to hear that Nicks being looked after. I’m going to speculate that if Nick Beats Lawler, He’ll get a top 10 MW fight, maybe Strickland, Till, or Hall. The door will then be wide open to get the fight Izzy since Adesanya has basically sunk the rest of the division. I actually agree with TS, I helped him out making sure that all the t’s are crossed and the i’s dotted...
View attachment 880963

Jokes, the reality of the situation is...
<Steiner01>
joke or not the deductive reasoning is there. which is more than can be said as to why colby covington got a title shot over leon edwards.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lawler clearly wasn’t forced to do anything. All three parties want this fight to be at 185, that’s pretty much it. Nick already made the weight you claim he can’t make a year ago coming off of his alcoholic binge.

You are wrong.

Dana has announced Robbie has NOT EVEN YET AGREED TO 185LBS.

He specifically said Nick's camp requested the change, and Robbie told Dana he would get back to him after landing in Vegas.

Any other bright ideas or you done making a fool out of yourself ?

Nick got KOd in sparring 2 weeks ago and hasn't trained since.

Source: Some dude on Twitter with an egg as his profile pic.

You are wrong.

Dana has announced Robbie has NOT EVEN YET AGREED TO 185LBS.

He specifically said Nick's camp requested the change, and Robbie told Dana he would get back to him after landing in Vegas.

Any other bright ideas or you done making a fool out of yourself ?
source please. i haven't kept up with the mma news of the day.

Nick Diaz in the MW mix lmao

You’re aware that Nick Diaz is garbage right?

when the fuck did nick diaz weigh in at 165?

Back