Diaz/Lawler 2?

UFC 209

3 mill PPV buys

Conor vs Nate 3
Lawler vs Nick 2

Woodley Diaz first, then Diaz Lawler where Nick gets the KO again, then Nick loses to Wonderboy (in Diaz/Condit fashion so he still has plausible deniability and rides off into the sunset with a cool 10 mil)

Not a bad idea, and I get to laugh at Woodley's situation.

Woodley Diaz first, then Diaz Lawler where Nick gets the KO again, then Nick loses to Wonderboy (in Diaz/Condit fashion so he still has plausible deniability and rides off into the sunset with a cool 10 mil)

No

Oh yes, and you're going to like it too

I am a diehard Diaz fan, but I would fucking detest that match being made right now. Its because of nonsense like this, that Hendo is fighting for a title in 2016.

I am a diehard Diaz fan, but I would fucking detest that match being made right now. Its because of nonsense like this, that Hendo is fighting for a title in 2016.

There's a difference between Bisping and Woodley though. Woodley is trying to play the, "I'm from the old-school, I've been around forever, I've earned it" blah blah blah. And in Bisping's case, I agree with it! Bisping got his title hopes derailed time after time, by juiceheads... if anyone deserves to call his first defense, it is him. I get that. But Woodley isn't that. Woodley hasn't earned that rare privilege.

He's gotta fight the guy he's supposed to fight: in this case, it's Wonderboy.

vztc6Bw.gif

There's a difference between Bisping and Woodley though. Woodley is trying to play the, "I'm from the old-school, I've been around forever, I've earned it" blah blah blah. And in Bisping's case, I agree with it! Bisping got his title hopes derailed time after time, by juiceheads... if anyone deserves to call his first defense, it is him. I get that. But Woodley isn't that. Woodley hasn't earned that rare privilege.

He's gotta fight the guy he's supposed to fight: in this case, it's Wonderboy.

I 100% agree Woodley should have to fight Wonderboy. That said Bisping getting a soft-ball short notice title-shot and pandering to his own sense of ego for a revenge fight (with a guy that isn't even remotely title relevant) before defending the belt even once against someone worthy of a shot, is equally ridiculous to me. I don't care how long either of them have been fighting, or what they've accomplished over their careers. It just isn't a good precedent to set, at all.

To see who fights woodley/wonderboy winner?
If the UFC makes the fiscally irresponsible decision to make Woodley fight Wonderboy than this is a wonderful plan but it's really not the best idea for Woodley or the UFC, it should be GSP or Nick for Woodley's first title defense. Hey it's way more legit than Hendo v Bisping and I even like that match up. It's called prize fighting.

UFC 209
Diaz vs Lawler 2
Khabib vs Nate

This is the fight to make. Nick vs Robbie at MSG UFC 205. Make it 5 rounds just for fun.

Back