Diaz is just too much for Poirier

I can't freakin wait for this fight.

I think this is a bad matchup for Dustin. I think Nate will outwork him. Catch him in a guillotine once Poirier "panic wrestles".

This is likely 3 rounds though. That sucks. Needs to be 5. Diaz needs 5 TBH. Cardio and boxing usually pay dividends late. Dustin can game plan for 3..

Hardly anyone in that division can finish Nate, if you look at all his losses the vast majority are by decision
His just got an iron chin and insane cardio and he's probably one of the most durable guys. Little chance Nate gets stoped.
It's a great fight, both prefer to stand up and have sharp stand up
RDA Benson and Thompson beat him down like he was an amateur

loss to mediocre Benson Henderson was a great one too...

Mediocre Benson Henderson, WEC champion and the most dominant UFC lightweight champion since BJ Penn.

Just because he is in Bellator now doesn't mean he was a can for his whole career, people around here have very short memories.

Tom Lawlor is the best

Nate should be able to win this. Poirier is a hothead and Nate will piss him off royally. The only real path to success for Poirier is if he spams takedowns and I get a sense he will get sucked into a standup war.

Should be a fun fight.

Nate should be able to do what he did to Cerrone and Johnson here.

LOL. Diaz is a journeyman.

Only way Poirier loses is via brainfart.

He can legkick that chicken all night long or just take him down and play touchbutt.

Poirier could win that way but his ego is too big. He stood and traded with Alvarez (twice) and Gaedjthe even when utilizing his ground game would have been smarter.

Nate is going to piss him off like he did Johnson and Cerrone and they are going to end up trading, a place you don't want to be with a Diaz.

Mediocre Benson Henderson, WEC champion and the most dominant UFC lightweight champion since BJ Penn.

Just because he is in Bellator now doesn't mean he was a can for his whole career, people around here have very short memories.
How do you figure him to be ANY type of dominant UFC champion- what?
He ,arguably, lost re-match to edgar (popular opinion) WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT ?
Pettis grabbed and turned his wrist in record timing and has since gone on to Bellator to become a mediocre fighter (and I'm not even going to mention the re cord timing embarrassment to RDA to get back into contention)
Again, WTF are you going on about.

diaz doesn't deserve the fight, but that doesn't mean he can't win. it may be a bad matchup for poirier, as nate's chin could hold up long enough to wear him out.

michael johnson was beating nate till he decided to get into nate's mental game. dustin has certainly the tools to beat him even standing. it's lame that its only 3 rounds though
Well, Johnson beat the piss out of Dustin, so your point is?

Poirer should win in convincing fashion. Nates style matched up well with Conor and made him look better than he really is.

Plus he's been smoking dope and partying with his dipshit brother and is rusty.

Poirer is a mental midget.

Dustin should beat nate easily. May take a couple rounds, but i dont see nate threatening dustin at all since he has wrestling skills.

Wrestling might very well be the deciding factor. I don't see Nate submitting Poirier.

This fight is 3 rounds correct? It will most likely go to decision and I pick Dustin.
I say Dustin by late TKO. If Pettis couldn't get the sub from his back, I don't see Diaz doing it.

RDA Benson and Thompson beat him down like he was an amateur
But they didn't finish him except for Thompson. And not only was that many many years ago but Diaz took a shin right to the chin and that didn't even finish him off. The amount of damage Diaz can take is so ridiculously crazy

Back