Diaz is just too much for Poirier

yekmurat

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
But it doesnt mean thats one sick match up,high level MMA is just one hell of an addiction and lastly
tenor.gif

14dljs6.jpg

I hope this version of Dustin beats Diaz. Will be a great fight. Difficult to gamble on.

Dustin can take Diaz down and keep him there. He did the same thing to Pettis.

Wrestling might very well be the deciding factor. I don't see Nate submitting Poirier.

This fight is 3 rounds correct? It will most likely go to decision and I pick Dustin.

michael johnson was beating nate till he decided to get into nate's mental game. dustin has certainly the tools to beat him even standing. it's lame that its only 3 rounds though

michael johnson was beating nate till he decided to get into nate's mental game. dustin has certainly the tools to beat him even standing. it's lame that its only 3 rounds though

Actually Nate's mental game can affect Poirier all right...

dustin just needs to work on his leg kicks this entire camp.
That's the Diaz Kryptonite

Dustin is a very emotional guy, can't see him keep his composure in this one. Nate by any type of taunting he wants. Can't wait.

dustin just needs to work on his leg kicks this entire camp.
That's the Diaz Kryptonite

He should ask Jim Miller for help - since Jim nearly chopped Poirier's leg in half during their fight.

Diaz has been out for a long time, so who knows how he's gonna look when he steps back in there.

Will be interesting to see if he can still make 155 too.

Last edited:
Wtf do you mean by, "dIaZ iS jUsT tOo mUcH fOr PoIriEr"? That's not how you breakdown a fight.

Poirer should win in convincing fashion. Nates style matched up well with Conor and made him look better than he really is.

Plus he's been smoking dope and partying with his dipshit brother and is rusty.

Hardly anyone in that division can finish Nate, if you look at all his losses the vast majority are by decision
His just got an iron chin and insane cardio and he's probably one of the most durable guys. Little chance Nate gets stoped.
It's a great fight, both prefer to stand up and have sharp stand up

If it's three rounds that is a travesty. I'd rather it for a phony interim than be three rounds.

Dustin is a tough guy who can be baited in to a brawl and Diaz beats any LW on the roster in a boxing brawl. Diaz won't fold like Gaethje either, but the fight needs more than three rounds to play out.

good fight for diaz but he is long inactive and is a little too weathered imo

If Dustin doesn't let the mental aspect get to him, I think he takes it by using his wrestling.

Exactly. Last time he made LW was three years ago and the last time before that, he missed by 8 pounds.
I wonder if Conor's team have let it be known to Nate's people that Nate needs to prove he can make the weight before a rubber match is considered...?

I wonder if Conor's team have let it be known to Nate's people that Nate needs to prove he can make the weight before a rubber match is considered...?
That could well be it - this is probably a litmus test to see if older Nate can make the weight. Conor states what he wants and said "Khabib has to show me that he can make championship weight" and thus he did, and beat Barbz and Al, and now they are fighting. Now he said he wants to see Nate take a fight, make the weight, and I think that is what is happening. Everyone is essentially Conor's biatch and doing whatever he wants, and Conor knows that. NO WAY Diaz fights Poirier if there is not Conor at the end. If he loses tho, it makes Conor look good, as Conor demolished Dustin.

Last edited:
Back