Diaz is fighting Pettis as a tune up before the McGregor rematch

Pettis a fighter that breaks under pressure and as we saw what happened in his fight against Ferguson the UFC knew Diaz has a good shot and now that Pettis is kind of "hot' again this is the perfect timing for Diaz to beat a relevant fighter and call out McGregor.
LOL at pettis as a tUnE Up

Pettis a fighter that breaks under pressure and as we saw what happened in his fight against Ferguson the UFC knew Diaz has a good shot and now that Pettis is kind of "hot' again this is the perfect timing for Diaz to beat a relevant fighter and call out McGregor.

no he wont after pettis beats him.

im sure post fight be blame the ufc for his retirement and than crawl back under the rock he came out from under to keep his brother company.

Calm down mate. Pettis was getting dominated by wonderboy buts he has his "magic" moments one in a while. Before that fight quite frankly he was on his way to irrelevancy
Why does nobody realize this?

Agree that this is Nate shining his name to build the McGregor fight.

Which will be a fight to shine Conors name for the Khabib rematch.

Of course there are no guarantees that Nate beats Anthony or Conor beats Nate.

But that's the plan.

I'm pulling for Diaz but he can't slow the fight down and start up later. Hes a 5 round fighter and you fight differently and his cardio is extremely important when they go 5. 3 is a different beast all together. Nate better start to stalk early and gain some sort of control of the pace, if he can do that he wins.

I was never huge on Pettis but I won't be suprised if he pulls off something crazy. I've come to accept that from him which makes it hard to analyze his fights. He could be losing then something happens and he snatched the victory. Pettis is a hot and cold fighter. If he comes in hot he will give Nate problems. Nate has to establish control and the pace of the fight.

Both fighters cant be timid. If one of them are and have trouble pulling the trigger they are done. This is an interesting exciting fight. I just hope if Diaz wins he fights more frequently. I also think he would take out Conor in 3rd fight.

Last edited:
Diaz might actually be passed his prime now but we dont know cause he hasnt fought in over 3 years. Pettis is pretty inconsistent lately but this isnt a tune up.

Connor would be the warm up fight for pettis if anybody was taking warm up fights

Pettis didn't break his hand vs Ferguson. A broken hand would require to be reported by the athletic commission and would result in a medical suspension. Every time, not up for debate. And there was no broken hand reported. Maybe his hand hurt, but we all saw the reason that fight ended. Pettis was getting absolutely massacred the last 3 minutes of that round. And he knew he was slowing and Ferguson wasn't going to slow at all, and in fact would likely increase the beating.

I agree Pettis isn't a tune up fight, the guy is a former champ with a ton of talent (and incredibly underrated grappling that nobody seems to talk about). But when faced with huge volume and pressure he's shown he'll wilt at times.

Now, that said, I don't think Nate is capable of doing the damage that Tony does. Nate can pour on volume, but it doesn't ruin faces like Tony's. But Pettis also wilted vs Max (again, a special fighter and Pettis was stupid in cutting that much weight and fighting at 145). If Nate really puts volume on Pettis it will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Nate doesn't handle leg kicks well and against Thomson he didn't seem to see the head kicks coming either. Nate's pressure will be all hands with zero TD threat. I think Diaz has very good boxing and uses his length well. Not much power which means Pettis isn't worried as much about counters. I think Pettis wins this fight. He has kicks and punches to work with, less predictable and has more power. Nate has the cardio edge from his triathlon training. Pettis by TKO or clear cut decision. Nate will complain that he won the fight. He said Josh Thomson fought like a bitch after getting dominated and TKO'd via head kick. Nate isn't playing with a full deck.

Well said, thats the reason why Connor won't fight anyone else at lw or ww.
Conor isn't fighting anyone because he might lose and damage the brand. Dana and the UFC are waiting to gift Conor another title fight even though he is inactive. Conor has no incentive to fight. Ferguson on the other hand is destroying people left and right for many years without a loss and they make him fight regularly to earn a title shot. Took away his interim belt due to injury and yet Conor had zero title defenses at 145 or 155 and the UFC still butters his toast...I can't wait until the UFC becomes more sport and less circus. McGregor is the high water mark of the UFC circus era.

Agree that this is Nate shining his name to build the McGregor fight.

Which will be a fight to shine Conors name for the Khabib rematch.

Of course there are no guarantees that Nate beats Anthony or Conor beats Nate.

But that's the plan.
I think that, win or lose, Nate Diaz will fight Conor in the next 5months, and I'm sure UFC have already told Nate that "Hey...after Pettis....you're getting the 3rd fight with Conor".

UNLESS Poirier beats Khabib and then they'll do Conor vs Poirier II.

Pettis has looked like shity lately. 4-6 in his last 10. He better kick Nate's legs off or he loses easily.

Nate doesn't handle leg kicks well and against Thomson he didn't seem to see the head kicks coming either. Nate's pressure will be all hands with zero TD threat. I think Diaz has very good boxing and uses his length well. Not much power which means Pettis isn't worried as much about counters. I think Pettis wins this fight. He has kicks and punches to work with, less predictable and has more power. Nate has the cardio edge from his triathlon training. Pettis by TKO or clear cut decision. Nate will complain that he won the fight. He said Josh Thomson fought like a bitch after getting dominated and TKO'd via head kick. Nate isn't playing with a full deck.

He said Josh Thomson fought like a bitch? LMAO I hadn't heard that. Josh almost kicked his head off.

As a longtime fan of the Punk, that makes me think less of Nate. I at least thought he'd admit he got smoked in that one.

Hopefully this thread is a tune up to a future thread of worth or substance. This is nate vs wheaties box dude. U don't watch countdown show , playboy?

He said Josh Thomson fought like a bitch? LMAO I hadn't heard that. Josh almost kicked his head off.

As a longtime fan of the Punk, that makes me think less of Nate. I at least thought he'd admit he got smoked in that one.
Fight like a bitch isn't necessarily a put down. In some circles that is a complimentary statement. It makes u hate nate more thats kinda fcked up aNd unfair

Fight like a bitch isn't necessarily a put down. In some circles that is a complimentary statement. It makes u hate nate more thats kinda fcked up aNd unfair

Where is that considered complimentary LMAO?

Barboza is not well rounded, but that really isn't the point. He didn't have a multi-faceted fights with Barboza, RDA or even Holloway, he just got out worked and folded under pressure. Same for the Ferguson fight, he called it on the stool after getting overwhelmed in standing exchanges.

Granted, these are world class fighters. Pettis should not be taken lightly.

Barboza is much more well rounded than Diaz striking wise. He can go kick for kick with Pettis and has good hands. Diaz is like 90% hands and I'm assuming there won't be much grappling in this fight. My overall point is that all of those guys you listed, on top of great pressure, can mix up their attack with angles and a variety of strikes. Diaz doesn't do that.

If those fights happened at 155, Conor would have absolutely KO'd Diaz both times.

giphy.gif

Back