Diaz Clear path to a title shot

Druken_Vovchanchyn

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Let me tell you guys the clear and obvious path for nick diaz to get his ass beat by usman.....

It starts with the classic Diaz overwhelming style of boxing tonight with robbies back to the cage. He gets on the mic and calls out......Jorge Masvidal as revenge for his brother. Wins that fight and suddenly nick diaz whos been out for ever gets him self a legit title shot opportunity (kind of)

I say kind of becuase i dont really think masvidal represents the best at WW..but he did jsut lose a title fight and he does have a name and NOT the style to give diaz problems. He has to win tonight...but the idea of a diaz title fight really isnt that far feteched lol.

I'm not a fan of Journeyman George, I think he's clearly overrated, but there's no way present day Nick Diaz beats him...

Masvidal is fighting Leon, Diaz needs someone else if he beats Lawler

If Usman beats Colby again, Leon loses his next fight, and Nick wins tonight... he's definitely getting a title shot. No more fights needed.

Lots of "if" statements there, but yeah. WW is sort of stale. Which is the only reason Colby is getting a rematch with a a grand total of his one-fight win streak over a guy on a losing streak.

Nah. He wins tonight and he gets a title shot. Book it!

Let's pump the brakes a little and just wait to see if he actually wins tonight.

If Diaz knocks out Lawler tonight, he should jump right into a title fight while the timing is right.

to be clear lol..there is a lot of IF's.....this dude has a fight with robbie lawler tonight lol...its just a path. Im not calling a shot at all here.

If Usman beats Colby again, Leon loses his next fight, and Nick wins tonight... he's definitely getting a title shot. No more fights needed.

Lots of "if" statements there, but yeah. WW is sort of stale. Which is the only reason Colby is getting a rematch with a a grand total of his one-fight win streak over a guy on a losing streak.
Leon's next fight is Snoozeman, unless Nick fights Edward just because.

In fairness to Colby he took Usman right to the edge of defeat, I had it 2-2 going into the fifth.

Nate seems to be a more mature fighter after his layoff. There is no stopping him as he realizes this is a golden opportunity.

Didn't you hear? All Nick has to do is win tonight and he gets the TS. He let the cat slip out of the bag at the press conference.

1-3 since returning to the ufc. Hasn't fought in 6 years, hasn't won in 10 years, didn't even try to make 170; yet people are talking title shot...

Reactions: mon
1-3 since returning to the ufc. Hasn't fought in 6 years, hasn't won in 10 years, didn't even try to make 170; yet people are talking title shot...

once again im not saying its deserved im just saying whats gonna happen if nick wins a few fights the media and fans are gonna push for it and he sells. Im also not saying he can even pull this off

I was hoping this thread was about Nate Diaz...

I can't see Nick getting anywhere near a TS. Today will either be a reality check for 1000000 Diaz fans or an epiphany for me. I hope I'm wrong but I think Diaz is gonna get murked by Ruthless

Reactions: mon

Why beating a washed up Lawler at 185 is going to give Diaz a title shot at 170? That doesn't makes any sense. o_O

once again im not saying its deserved im just saying whats gonna happen if nick wins a few fights the media and fans are gonna push for it and he sells. Im also not saying he can even pull this off

Not chastising you specifically, just saying the words nick daiz and title shot is just baffling to me. To me he's behind cm punk in line for one

Back