Diaz brothers: why are they wasting their prime years?

Because they already made a pretty nice wad of cash, and they know that they will mostly just rack up more losses if they keep fighting.

Because the UFC doesn't pay them what they are worth

What they're "worth"?

These dudes look like a headache to deal with! Yeah, they may be fighters who entertain millions, but they're still employees of the UFC and must abide by certain rules.

I haven't heard of other orgs tripping over each other to sign these guys.

Because the UFC doesn't pay them what they are worth

They're worth as much as someone wants to pay them. Will Bellator pay them more? Go fight for Bellator. Will WSOF pay them more? Go fight for WSOF. Will they make more in Boxing? Go Box.

maxresdefault.jpg

Simply because they don't feel like they are being paid well enough for the time they put in to fight.

They may think their time is worth more than it really is, but who is anyone to tell them otherwise? If they don't feel like their time is worth what they will be paid they won't fight, like right now.

I hate both of them but they're good fighters, funny to watch but Nick is a fool and Nate just follow his brother.

They don't care and have money anyway. Maybe money don't drive them. However Nick is coming back super bowl weekend vs Anderson silva. He will make another million then or more. If and when he wins he can fight lawler for ww title rematch.

They don't care and have money anyway. Maybe money don't drive them. However Nick is coming back super bowl weekend vs Anderson silva. He will make another million then or more. If and when he wins he can fight lawler for ww title rematch.

I seriously doubt that. Anderson would smash Nick by the way. Not happening. Anderson will face Cung Le vs. Bisping winner at 185. Nick if he comes back will get a guy like Tarec Saffiedine (battle of former SF champs). However- Nick turned down a potential Number One contender slot against Brown ten days ago. Guy pretty much said he does not like fighting, and will not return so quickly.

Who really cares, honestly? I wouldn't be surprised if a PPV with both Diaz bros barely breaks 400k buys. I don't think they're the draws that they think they are.

Oh my god, that guy is laughing like a maniac, but this really is no joke. What is Phil gonna do? I guess he can coach to pay the bills but still.
He could also go out and get a job...like the rest of the world.

He could also go out and get a job...like the rest of the world.

I dunno man, does he have any qualifications? If we're being honest here, Phil seems like the kind of guy that is very "I'm Phil Baroni and that means something" even though in 2014 is really doesn't. His ego seems too big, while his ability is too small.

I can imagine Nick & Nate sitting in silence with each other, vigorously contemplating what to do with their careers, their future, their lives. But then they get stressed and pack a bowl, because weed.

The thing with Nick is that he really doesn't like fighting people; either for money or just to fight. Imagine having a job you dreaded going to everyday, but you go because you need to support yourself, and then all of a sudden you run into a huge payday, would you want to go back to that job you despise so much? I know he has said that he would rather work a normal job than fight, but when he runs low on money, he may come back, who knows.

With Nate, I think its different; I think he likes to fight. I don't see him ever being champion, but his skillset is very high and he needs to start using those skills to make a living otherwise his attraction to the fans wont be as strong. He just needs to call and tell them he wants to fight asap, put aside the b.s., win a few fights, and then he can renegotiate his contract.

yvhjv

Last edited:
Back