Diaz brothers: why are they wasting their prime years?

LamaIronFist

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
It's hard to follow these gypsy-minded dudes sometimes. Nick makes some good money, then he backs off from the game while his bro claims he is paid peanuts.

Now would be a perfect time for those guys to fight and build some momentum like Matt Brown and T-Wood did.
Not that I see the Diaz being champs in the UFC but there is a shortage of star power in the UFC.

Nick should smell the coffee and realize that he has to line up in the queue like the other guys. Though he does have star power due to his unusual personality and decent fighting skills, he need to realize that he can't move to the front line ahead of T-Wood, Lombard, Macdonald and Lawler to name a few.

As for his bro who is whining that he is underpaid, he needs to fire his manager who told him to sign his new agreement and start some talks with the UFC to get some more dough.

At the end of the day, the Diaz deserve some solid money in my opinion. Their unique mix of weirdo habits, weed smoking, willingness to train/fight hard and massive smack talk abilities bring some viewers in front of the TVs. All they need is a couple of good victories for many to believe they will be champs (they still have a small chance.)

Though I am more of a GSP fan, I am more than OK if these guys can make some serious money and get back to fighting steadily 2-3 times a year. Whenever the Diaz are around there is some electricity and controversy.

Who do you think will blink first between the Diaz and the UFC?

Do you see these guys fighting any time soon?

They are both great fighters on the downside trying to cash out.

How they bargain is up to them but the history of their respective divisions wont be slighted without their presence.

them "decent fighting skills" knocked out robbie lawler, paul daley, gogoplata'd gomi. Tore bloodshed on BJ's face, arguably should have won a very close fight against Carlos Condit when he was on fire. If you call that decent skills...then what is Robbie Lawler's skill? Is he trash tier?

that's not nice to downplay a fighter's achievements

Last edited:
They have an inflated sense of self worth.

them "decent fighting skills" knocked out robbie lawler, paul daley, takanori gomi. Tore bloodshed on BJ's face, arguably should have won a very close fight against Carlos Condit when he was on fire. If you call that decent skills...then what is Robbie Lawler's skill? Is he trash tier?

that's not nice to downplay a fighter's achievements

Robbie fight was literally 10 years ago. Today's Robbie would eat Nick's shots and laugh at him while he does it.

Paul Daley is a journeyman and Gomi was a lightweight, albeit a pretty good one especially at the time. Still Gomi win is pretty ancient at this point.

Dana just pretty much hinted that Nick got paid over a million dollars for the GSP fight last year during the scrum two days ago. That was Nick's second title shot even after a loss (LOL). Look at F'N Robbie Lawler. 3 Big fights in 4 Months, and Lawler would have racked up 500K in these 3 months. Nick wants to get paid 500K to show, but the thing is nobody forced the Diaz brothers to sign the contracts they did.

When Nate signed his deal, there were no complaints from him when he did. Nick was offered Carlos Condit and Matt Brown this year, and with a win, Nick would have gotten a third shot at the title in three years. He would have made good money again fighting for the title. You do not get paid to sit at the sidelines and bitch and complain. Nate is not a child. He signed the deal he did, but he lost two fights in a row and did not get the pay increase he was supposed to. That is life- deal with it Nate.

Screen-Shot-2012-08-06-at-8.03.49-PM.png

Both brothers have great talent and potential, the problem is they both lack cognitive decision making ability or any business sense.

Dana just pretty much hinted that Nick got paid over a million dollars for the GSP fight last year during the scrum two days ago. That was Nick's second title shot even after a loss (LOL). Look at F'N Robbie Lawler. 3 Big fights in 4 Months, and Lawler would have racked up 500K in these 3 months. Nick wants to get paid 500K to show, but the thing is nobody forced the Diaz brothers to sign the contracts they did.

When Nate signed his deal, there were no complaints from him when he did. Nick was offered Carlos Condit and Matt Brown this year, and with a win, Nick would have gotten a third shot at the title in three years. He would have made good money again fighting for the title. You do not get paid to sit at the sidelines and bitch and complain. Nate is not a child. He signed the deal he did, but he lost two fights in a row and did not get the pay increase he was supposed to. That is life- deal with it Nate.

Screen-Shot-2012-08-06-at-8.03.49-PM.png

Actually I hear he does pretty well with all the seminars he does. Who knows what else he has going on.

I wanna give shots out..

because Nick is a meathead and Nate is a follower.

Last edited:
I feel bad for Nate, because he's only following Nick's example. The difference is that Nick has been champion in StrikeForce, main evented 3 UFC PPV's and got his big payday. Nate hasn't done this and he's wasting his youth not making money, Nick's made a lot of money.

Because they got high,

Because they got high,

Because they got hiiiiiiiiigh, la da da da da da...

Back