Diaz bros...

Stavros30

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
I want to start by saying Nate's first win over conor was epic and great but he clearly lost that second fight via losing rounds 1,2,4, and possibly 5 although I barely scored the last round for Diaz....there were no 10-8's and Nate was much bigger than conor and didn't look good except for round 3..after hearing Nate's mini rant about disliking mma and going to boxing and having watched him and Nick compete for years I just don't get why people enjoy watching them fight. They can't finish fights unless someone falls into their jiu-jitsu because they are pillow punchers and they can't admit when they get Mma schooled, they just badmouth the sport that they agreed to make a career out of. Also, they sound extremely immature and underdeveloped in speech, which would be fine if they were good at trash talking but they are not...clearly ....end rant let the Diaz fanboys bash me but at least bring some evidence as to why I'm wrong or misunderstanding the love for them and don't say they'll fight anyone anywhere because they have both gone on record as saying they want money fights and nothing till then..they are not cerrone or magny

I like the Diaz bros, they put on good fights most of the time,
They also are easy to game plan against because it's obvious what their game plan is,
but I can also see why people don't like them, you points are valid

Because to the Diaz brothers it's still a "fight," and to a lot of MMA fans that goes a long way.

Lol at ts saying Nate was much bigger than Connor. 5 pounds is not much bigger. Much taller doesn't mean much bigger. People forget that Connor is a monster LW and probably walks around at 180 pounds give or take a few pounds.

Nate is 2:0 against McGoober

It's fucking fascinating

Almost all of their fights are entertaining. Probably best to avoid their interviews, especially Nick.

They were always guys with entertaining but exploitable styles and cult followings that stayed in the middle of the pack of their divisions, losing to the higher level guys. thats why it was so funny when Conor lost

You should have read this yourself before you made this thread.
You are just a ramble of thoughts...
Most of them are not well thought out.

They can't finish fights unless someone falls into their jiu-jitsu

Stopped reading here, ur fucking crazy man. Im not gonna go into specifics but nick diaz has 13 finishes by tko/ko which is half his wins

I want to start by saying Nate's first win over conor was epic and great but he clearly lost that second fight via losing rounds 1,2,4, and possibly 5 although I barely scored the last round for Diaz....there were no 10-8's

i gave nate round 5 pretty easily. 4 was an annoying around because nate gave that round away.

and Nate was much bigger than conor and didn't look good except for round 3..

meh. nate is taller but skinny. he also had a rib injury, which sucks when you are trying to throw punches. i would assume that is why he was so insistent on going for a takedown.

after hearing Nate's mini rant about disliking mma and going to boxing and having watched him and Nick compete for years I just don't get why people enjoy watching them fight.
They can't finish fights unless someone falls into their jiu-jitsu because they are pillow punchers and they can't admit when they get Mma schooled, they just badmouth the sport that they agreed to make a career out of.

in the right fight, they are pretty entertaining. they have no ability to adjust to their opponents though and they whine too much when their opponent doesn't want to stand and trade with them (mostly nick). Nick should also lay off the pipe and come back to reality every now and then. Some of the bullshit excuses he's come up with are so absurd Alex Jones wouldn't even buy them.

regarding finishing fights, half of nick's wins are by ko/tko. nate only has 4, but he was pretty much right when he said he hurts guys with strikes and they take it to the ground where he finishes them with a sub (like conor in the first fight). I wouldn't say his striking was ineffective since it sets up his submissions.

Also, they sound extremely immature and underdeveloped in speech, which would be fine if they were good at trash talking but they are not...clearly ....end rant

they are socially awkward. i'm not going to vilify them for that. I also am not a fan of trash talking, though.

I'm not particularly a diaz brothers fan but some of their fights are really good (for nate, examples would be conor 1, rory, michael johnson. for nick...well, certainly not the anderson fight... he's been gone too long for me to remember which ones were good)

i gave nate round 5 pretty easily. 4 was an annoying around because nate gave that round away.

meh. nate is taller but skinny. he also had a rib injury, which sucks when you are trying to throw punches. i would assume that is why he was so insistent on going for a takedown.

in the right fight, they are pretty entertaining. they have no ability to adjust to their opponents though and they whine too much when their opponent doesn't want to stand and trade with them (mostly nick). Nick should also lay off the pipe and come back to reality every now and then. Some of the bullshit excuses he's come up with are so absurd Alex Jones wouldn't even buy them.

regarding finishing fights, half of nick's wins are by ko/tko. nate only has 4, but he was pretty much right when he said he hurts guys with strikes and they take it to the ground where he finishes them with a sub (like conor in the first fight). I wouldn't say his striking was ineffective since it sets up his submissions.

they are socially awkward. i'm not going to vilify them for that. I also am not a fan of trash talking, though.

I'm not particularly a diaz brothers fan but some of their fights are really good (for nate, examples would be conor 1, rory, michael johnson. for nick...well, certainly not the anderson fight... he's been gone too long for me to remember which ones were good)
Nick vs Paul Daley... Best round eva

Pillow punchers? I guess the only fights of them you watched were nate vs conor and nick against silva/gsp because both of them have awesome finishes standing and on the ground. How many people managed to knock out paul daley or robbie lawler?

There's a hardcore simplicity behind them & their speech for that matter that sayz "I focus on fighting & that's all I need to know about & f*ck anyone who doesn't like it."

They actually do get KO's too... & would get more if people wouldn't panic wrestle them every time they get rocked.

I love an active guard. Nate's especially.

209 Motha F*ckaz!

Lol at ts saying Nate was much bigger than Connor. 5 pounds is not much bigger. Much taller doesn't mean much bigger. People forget that Connor is a monster LW and probably walks around at 180 pounds give or take a few pounds.
Are you fucking retarded?

Khabib-Nurmagomedov.jpg

BispNate.jpg

They both suck balls. Nates lucky Conor gassed the first time.

Are you fucking retarded?

Khabib-Nurmagomedov.jpg

View attachment 178727
Way to compare Connor to another monster for his weight class not to mention a month after this pic was taken Connor was at least 20 pounds heavier. Also Connor doesn't have shoes on and no clothes. Of course he's going to look smaller than someone around his weight with clothes on and at their walk around weight.

Back