Diaz bros contract length

That is a strikeforce contract with different terms. Also Gina has never been offered fights, which would make her contract eventually expire (as opposed to Diaz who is turning down fights).

You don't know that at all.

Dana did say Ginas contract would expire this summer and I think Ive heard it regarding some other fighter. Anyway it makes no sense that they would be under contract for life, I just cant imagine that being legal.

It wouldn't be, and that's not how the UFC structures its contracts. We've heard enough bits and pieces to know that it's obligated to give fighters a certain number of fights in a certain time period, and if they turn down fights the UFC can (but is probably not required to) extend the time period. Retiring freezes it, but they're still under contract.

While I'm sure that the lower tier guys all have very similar contracts, I would think higher lvl veterans would have very individualized contracts. All other sports have different structures, as does music, film, etc.

People keep bringing up Randy but I really doubt that a guy like Randy who is a multiple champion, has huge earning potential outside the sport and is older would sign the same type of contract that a guy like Nate Diaz or even Nick would sign.

Why would they? They want different things from the UFC and bring different things in return. They may well have told their agent they would take some hits on other areas to allow a little wiggle room for leaving later.

Cliffs: we dont know

That is a strikeforce contract with different terms. Also Gina has never been offered fights, which would make her contract eventually expire (as opposed to Diaz who is turning down fights).

True. But that would mean UFC could have offered her nonsense fights for years to keep her under contract for life. Makes no sense.

It wouldn't be, and that's not how the UFC structures its contracts. We've heard enough bits and pieces to know that it's obligated to give fighters a certain number of fights in a certain time period, and if they turn down fights the UFC can (but is probably not required to) extend the time period. Retiring freezes it, but they're still under contract.

Im having a hard time believing this, Has any fighter ever said how the contracts work?

I thought ufc contracts were done by amount of fights not length of time.

Nick would easily run through Bellator...Nate would have issues with Alverez or Chandler.

Neither of their contracts can simply run out. Nate has 5 fights left on his contract meaning he has to give them 5 more fights. Nick's contract is frozen as he is retired. Nate's is frozen as well as long as he's unwilling to fight.

True. But that would mean UFC could have offered her nonsense fights for years to keep her under contract for life. Makes no sense.

Im having a hard time believing this, Has any fighter ever said how the contracts work?
Yes there have been many articles on how the UFC contract works. UFC uses similar terms for everyone the only variance is the pay and what % the fighters get from ppv etc.

Things that are the same in every contract.

Winning the title adds a 3 fight extension.

Retiring/Getting Injured/refusing to take fights freezes your contract and UFC can add that time you sat out to the end of your contract.

UFC can cut you for almost any reason.

Yes there have been many articles on how the UFC contract works. UFC uses similar terms for everyone the only variance is the pay and what % the fighters get from ppv etc.

Things that are the same in every contract.

Winning the title adds a 3 fight extension.

Retiring/Getting Injured/refusing to take fights freezes your contract and UFC can add that time you sat out to the end of your contract.

UFC can cut you for almost any reason.

Cant find this but if its true thats just crazy. Especially since they are considered independent contractors and arent even employed. If its all true id love to see someone challeng their contract, cant see how they would be able to enforce some of these things.

Back