Diaz bros contract length

rizzydon

White Belt
Reaction score
ok if they want to go to bellator or some one else how long till thier ufc contract runs out.

Are the details of UFC contracts even available? If not, anything you're going to hear on here will be baseless speculation.

Yea id like to know how long those two r going to complain while still under contract. Itd be hilarious to see them promote other companies. Baldy would rage.

well i was thinking it was like 3 fights or 1 year type contract. so what the baseless speculation is saying is 3 fights unlimited time.

Basically the UFC has them by the short and curlies until the contract is fulfilled or mitigated. It's that simple.

i guess both diaz'z should copy paul daley, both take a fight sucker pucnh opponent and dana for good measure:icon_chee

ok if they want to go to bellator or some one else how long till thier ufc contract runs out.

Prior to the Bendo fight, Nate signed an 8 fight contract.

I would assume that Nick signed a long contract before his GSP title fight (as is the norm for challengers, lock you in, in case you win).

Similar to Randy Couture's contract, there is no way to retire out of it. You are a contracted fighter until they decide you are not.

well i was thinking it was like 3 fights or 1 year type contract. so what the baseless speculation is saying is 3 fights unlimited time.

Dana explained it like a year ago. Basically the UFC is obligated to give you X amount of fights over Y years. If they dont give the fighter the fights on their contract before it expires they have to pay the fighter out. However Dana had stated that the contract automatically extends if a fighter is unwilling or unable to fight (injured or turns fights down) so in Nates case it is the end of time since the UFC will keep offering him fights

I cant see either of them being cut anytime soon. On another note Ive always wondered how Nick would go if he went up a weight class.

"He wants to get in close to use that reach advantage"

they have to fight x amount of fights , or get cut , or retire. but retirment will still not allow them to fight anywhere else

Who cares neither guy is a title contender.

nate just did a new deal and nick, while under contract still, is retired. If they want to earn cash from fighting they should act quick. Some more years and they wont be relevant anymore. They are barely relevant now, wich saddens me greatly as i love those 2 fight!

To my knowledge they are but the ufc can freeze the contracts etc.

Pretty sure Nick's contract is frozen since he's retired while Nate's deal is probably at least for 2 years.

Dana did say Ginas contract would expire this summer and I think Ive heard it regarding some other fighter. Anyway it makes no sense that they would be under contract for life, I just cant imagine that being legal.

Dana did say Ginas contract would expire this summer and I think Ive heard it regarding some other fighter. Anyway it makes no sense that they would be under contract for life, I just cant imagine that being legal.

It's legal if they signed the contract I'm sure. The fighters have to stop signing these contracts or stop complaining about their contracts.

Pretty sure Nick's contract is frozen since he's retired while Nate's deal is probably at least for 2 years.

the length is always about the number of fights. time is only a factor if the UFC doesn't give someone a specified number of fights within the contracted period. nate's turning down fights, so his contract is effectively frozen too.

That is a strikeforce contract with different terms. Also Gina has never been offered fights, which would make her contract eventually expire (as opposed to Diaz who is turning down fights).

the length is always about the number of fights. time is only a factor if the UFC doesn't give someone a specified number of fights within the contracted period. nate's turning down fights, so his contract is effectively frozen too.

I've always heard it's a certain number of fights within a calendar period. However at the same time, you're probably right that Nate's refusal to accept fights pretty much means his contract could be frozen.
+

Back