Diagram of the world's economy.

Steve-French

What A Rush!!!
@Gold
Reaction score
Here's a very cool data visualization from HowMuch.net that took me a minute to figure out because it's a little bit unorthodox. The way it works is that it visualizes the entire world's economic output as a circle. That circle is then subdivided into a bunch of blobs representing the economy of each major country. And then each country-blob is sliced into three chunks — one for manufacturing, one for services, and one for agriculture.
world-economy-gdp-voroni-a7d4.0.png

http://www.vox.com/maps/2015/8/21/9186715/countries-by-gdp

Hells yeah. Running dat show

Outdated. India surpassed Brazil and Italy. Actually it's probably just 2 years behind France at current growth rates.

What? China is twice the size of Japan already? It only surpassed them like in 2010. Some fishy accounting is going on here.

160 countries - 8.8% - Dayymm - Some major redistribution in order.

What? China is twice the size of Japan already? It only surpassed them like in 2010. Some fishy accounting is going on here.

Has Japan even grown in 6 years? I don't think it's farfetched to say that UK or Germany can surpass Japan in a couple of decades.

When Sweden, Switzerland, Netherlands, and Norway are listed as distinct and separate places, I get confused.

Check back next week. China's boom might be having a mini-bust at the moment

Could you put this in a Today's Sponge instead so I could understand it better?

Back