DHK says UFC was going to cut him if he lost to Erick Silva because of ADCC

stun gun is hilarious bc he doesnt take the party line, he just says whatever he wants - hes said similar stuff in the past, not bashing the ufc, but just saying how it is - i think he expects to be somewhere else somewhere in the relative near future, even before this situation

I think it's partly because his fans are in Korea.

The notion that he was going to get cut is, of course, ridiculous. There are a ton of fans on South Korea and the country is so ethnocentric, they don't really care for people other than their own. The Donger knows this and is behaving how he pleases. It's great, it's refreshing. I'm sick of the whole "I'll do whatever Dana wants" line in post-fight speeches, and guys like The Donger are good for the sport.

KImSilva.gif

hammerfist of dong

I think it's partly because his fans are in Korea.

The notion that he was going to get cut is, of course, ridiculous. There are a ton of fans on South Korea and the country is so ethnocentric, they don't really care for people other than their own. The Donger knows this and is behaving how he pleases. It's great, it's refreshing. I'm sick of the whole "I'll do whatever Dana wants" line in post-fight speeches, and guys like The Donger are good for the sport.

yea i get the same vibe - he doesnt really care that much if hes in the ufc either bc he knows hes valuable or bc hes passionate about other stuff - also im sure he could make money doing stuff in korea - i agree its great to hear people say how it is

DHK seems like an overall cool guy, but I'm more interested in seeing the Dong putting it all together. The Pearson fight was a good base to start, and his crane kicks are deadly. Then add an iron left hand most never knew about, and we could have a new, revived and an exciting striker imo...

We're starting to see this transition from wrestlers/grapplers these days, so hopefully, the Dong catches this wave...

I just want to see the Dong light it up with his left hand.(He might be close to par with Johnny Hendrick's left)

Hopefully DHK vs Kampmann happens... (and not DHK vs Maia)

That would be cut #3 that would have fucking pissed me off.

The Dong is really rubbing me the right way by his complete and utter lack of giving a shit. I thought I couldn't have been happier for his win, now I'm extra double throbbing happy.

Back