DHK says UFC was going to cut him if he lost to Erick Silva because of ADCC

DHK definitely bought himself some time with that fight and how he finished it. Also, if Dana and Co. are still interested in the Korean market. Korean Zombie is definitely their golden boy in that area, though. DHK is expendable if they can find an excuse to cut him.

seems like DHK is more well known in Korea than KZ. TS and a couple of more users have posted several vids where he is appearing at many TV shows, sometimes alongside Sexyama too.

That's why he fought the way he did? He was fighting his normal boring ass fight he always does until he gassed out and couldn't take Silva down anymore. He was forced to stand and landed a nice shot but let's not act like that was the gameplan dong.

[YT]PZeDFwTcnCc[/YT]

seems like DHK is more well known in Korea than KZ. TS and a couple of more users have posted several vids where he is appearing at many TV shows, sometimes alongside Sexyama too.
The UFC usually bases things on their own internal viewpoints, though. To them, Korean Zombie is a much more exciting and marketable fighter. He's probably more marketable in North America, which is what they concentrate on, although obviously they still care about the international market and expanding it. Sexyama was obviously very popular in Asia, but he got cut, didn't he?

The UFC usually bases things on their own internal viewpoints, though. To them, Korean Zombie is a much more exciting and marketable fighter. He's probably more marketable in North America, which is what they concentrate on, although obviously they still care about the international market and expanding it. Sexyama was obviously very popular in Asia, but he got cut, didn't he?

Nah, he didn't get cut. He was supposed to.

Dana White: "Can you please send Mr. Akiyama to my office. Thanks and fuck you and your fucking family!"
[Akiyama comes shirtless because he was just in a tanning bed.]
Akiyama: "You wanted to see me."
Dana White: "Uh... umm... yeah... I just wanted to give you this $400,000 raise and a new 10 fight contract."

If he likes grappling so much, maybe he should just do that. No great loss.

The Dong is just asking to get released. Seems like he can't contain his excitement and emotions anymore and will explode at any moment. Hopefully the UFC can handle the Dong and not release him any time soon.

This is a seriously brilliant and subtle post. I Lol'd.

Either that or I'm reading too much into it.

DHK definitely bought himself some time with that fight and how he finished it. Also, if Dana and Co. are still interested in the Korean market. Korean Zombie is definitely their golden boy in that area, though. DHK is expendable if they can find an excuse to cut him.
KZ is going to be out for at least a year though and as of now it seems like his shoulder will plague him for a while. As far as I know Dong is much mroe active than KZ and with this recent win his stock has probably risen.
That is interesting, I did not know that.
If he likes grappling so much, maybe he should just do that. No great loss.

He probably just sees it as a way to make some extra money on the side.I think its smart of him to try and compete at ADCC and make a little extra cash.

That's why he fought the way he did? He was fighting his normal boring ass fight he always does until he gassed out and couldn't take Silva down anymore. He was forced to stand and landed a nice shot but let's not act like that was the gameplan dong.

Wronnngggggg

There needs to be a fighters union. the UFC treats their fighters awfully.

haha he dont give a phuk. I like that he doesnt suck up to the UFC. im a bigger fan after he KTFO erick silva.

That was a crazy ass fight. I missed the KO live cause I looked away

The Dong is just asking to get released. Seems like he can't contain his excitement and emotions anymore and will explode at any moment. Hopefully the UFC can handle the Dong and not release him any time soon.

This is a seriously brilliant and subtle post. I Lol'd.

Either that or I'm reading too much into it.

I completely missed that. brilliant!

Would be a bad idea to put all their eggs in one basket imo.

lol

Honey Badger? I wonder if Kim could have a better season than Carson Palmer? The Cards could have used him last night. I was at the game and it was brutal. lol.

KImSilva.gif

Back