DHK says he's got 30% chance against Lombard

A fighter who is completely self aware and honest about his skills is a scary fighter.

Never knew there was a search function. I'm new here. Didn't even know that somebody already posted the same thing. Well. There goes in vain my 20 minutes of effort in translating the interview. :icon_sad:

First i heard of it so for what its worth, thank you.

Oh and war DHk!

In actually Judo they are about even. Judo for mma i'd give the edge to Dong. I have seen him use his throws a lot but with hector not so much with the exception of the shields fight.

No offense to Hector but you don't have to be that good to be an olympian in Cuba. I think that was before he defected to australia.

How much you've seen doesn't actually translate to how good they are. Hector's throws (when he uses them) are magnitudes ahead of Dong, from a judokas point of view. He's far more explosive in the entry and capitalises on openings brilliantly.

Bear in mind, dan grades in Judo mean less than nothing. Even getting the first dan isn't THAT hard (I got mine after less than 2 years), and after that, it becomes a matter of contributions to the sport, in accomplishments and teaching- I've sparred with 5th/6th dans who, whilst obviously skilled, were never in the same ballpark as Olympic caliber judoka and never got close to trying out for the Olympics.

Getting into the Olympics is the pinnacle of Judo, don't focus on the dan grades so much. Hector is a better judoka than DHK.

Going to be a hell of an interesting fight- I do agree with DHKs assessment though, Lombard is the favourite.

Wow he has a point tho and I am surprised he is admitting it. This might help him or hurt him depending on your views. But I think Lombard takes this fight and its gonna be a nasty KO or TKO of some sort either by insane KO or sick GNP after an awesome slam. Either way I can't wait for Hector to get his chance at the gold......

I love DHK's kooky brand of honest self-assessment

It's probably because of Lombard's great Judo that DHK would say that

Most of you don't seem to remember that Stun Gun is a masterful troll.

Lombard will probably win but it would be awesome if DHK finishes Lombard. Weirder things have happen.

30% seems accurate......he won't be able to out judo him, can't match his strength, not as fast......

He pretty much has to try and outlast him and go for a finish in the 3rd. Slim chance on that, it would be better if it was a 5 round fight. But Lombard should walk through him....

So if he fights at 70%, that only gives him 21% chance of winning...

But if he gives his 110%, his chances rise to 33% !

No offense to Hector but you don't have to be that good to be an olympian in Cuba. I think that was before he defected to australia.

Lol what? Cuba is ranked fifth in most amount of gold medals and ranked fourth in total amount of medals won during the Olympics. It is one of the strongest judo nations in the world, far superior to Australia.

This is such a shit fight he should be fighting Browne for a title shot

Lombard completely grapplefucking Shields has DHK, and probably the entire WW division, extremely worried.

Hector has monster power in the stand up, and is arguably the strongest grappler in the division. That's a scary combination.

Back