DHK says he's got 30% chance against Lombard

slamdrum

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Here's what DHK said about Hector Lombard whom he will be fighting on 23 August.
I got this article from a Korean MMA media called the Mfight and translated it myself.

"This fight is the biggest challenge and at the same time opportunity in my fighter career. Lombard is practically a champion-level guy. I think if I can beat Lombard, I can beat the champion, too."

"I don't think I'll definitely win. To be realistic my chance of winning is about 30% only. The important thing is, if you get scared just because you don't have a great chance of winning, you will lose 100%. My 30% chance means that, if I fight him 10 times, I can beat him 3 times. I must prepare myself so that 23 August will be one of those 3 times that I win. I need strong mentality that enables me to throw one more punch even as I'm getting knocked down. Also I need a very detailed strategy."

"I will go forward even at the risk of getting KOed. There's no way I can win unless I make him suffer. Somehow I need to weather through the storm and wait for the chance. Of course I also have a weapon to KO him. I will risk everything on what will be my biggest opportunity and the most dangerous battle in life."

"I will win impressively or die like a warrior. Isn't that the mentality of a real fighter? I will go forward and die."

When asked about how would a 3R fight be different than a 5R fight, he said
"There's no difference. Whatever happens it will be over in 2 rounds. Lombard will come out on me full power and I won't backpedal. I will meet him with mine. Even if the fight doesn't end in 2 rounds it won't be an even fight from then. It will have been lopsided to one of us."

I think it's a very honest self-evaluation. I really like his mentality. As his fellow countryman I'm rooting for Stun Gun but I myself don't see much chance for him, either. But seeing his mentality gives me some hope. Looks like he's ready to die for this one. So who knows he might pull off a huge upset here?

Insanely honest self-assessment, I like it.

Awesome, a fighter with realistic views and expectations.

this is why i love dhk and all south korean fighters

Last edited:
I can't be the only one rocking a shit eating grin because an Asian fighter has broken this down to exact math.

I'll be square rooting for him here

this is why i love dhk and all north korean fighters

LL

they both have awful gas tanks so lombard wont have a problem when he blows his wad as the dong will be exhausted as well.

"i will win impressively or die like a warrior. Isn't that the mentality of a real fighter? I will go forward and die."

just bleeed!

Never knew there was a search function. I'm new here. Didn't even know that somebody already posted the same thing. Well. There goes in vain my 20 minutes of effort in translating the interview. :icon_sad:

Too bad we never get to see this guy fight as he is pushed away to Fight Pass.

Back